Imogen Heap (full name Imogen Jennifer Jane Heap) was born on December 9, 1977 in Essex, England, UK. She is a singer and songwriter.
Biography and Career :
She studied at the BRIT School of Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon, Surrey, England. The first contract was signed with Almo Sounds when she was eighteen years old.
In 1998 she started her music career and is member of the group Frou Frou. After seven years she released an album as a solo actress called "Speak for Yourself". Some of her singles are "Hide and Seek", "Goodnight and Go" and "Headlock".
She is a singer and songwriter who plays also the piano, keyboards, Array Mbira, cello, clarinet, guitar, drums and keytar. The genre she sings are Electronica, Alternative, Indie, Pop, Rock and Ambient.
e was a child she started loving music and has always dreamed to become a musician. Her parents are an art therapist and a construction rock retailer. In 1989 they separated.
She is a successful artist and millions of fans all over the world support her and the great job she is doing. We are sure she will be very successful from now on too and her career won't stop here! Her fans are very eager to listen her new albums and singles.
- Height: 183 cm.
- "When I wrote my first record I didn't actually comprehend that other people would listen to it."
- "I can't write pop songs, although some of them end up being quite poppy. When I was a kid I really did love, still do, classical music -- I love the layers of the orchestra. And I think people using orchestral sounds in albums get a bad rap."
- i Megaphone (1998/2002/2006)
- 2005 Speak for Yourself
- 2005 Live Session.
Self Filmography :
- Live from the Red Carpet: The 2007 Grammy Awards (2007) (TV)
- MTVU Woodie Awards 2006 (2006) (TV)
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1 episode, 2006).
Imogen Heap Image : rollingstone.com
Imogen Heap Lists