Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds (full name Kenneth Brian Edmonds) was born on April 10, 1958 in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. He is a popular singer, songwriter, guitarist, keyboardist, actor, film and record producer and entrepreneur.
Biography and Career :
He studied at the North Central High School and before being a solo artist he was part of Manchild and R&B group The Deele. His first solo album was released in 1986 and it was called "Lovers". He soon became a successful singer and songwriter. His singles were on one of the highest positions in the charts.
During the years he won awards and received many nominations. Between 1989 and 2005 he released another thirteen albums, all of them having a great success. He sings R&B, quiet storm, urban, adult contemporary, dance, pop a
nd plays the guitar, mandolin and keyboard.
He married Denise in 1980 but the couple divorced later and on September 5, 1992 he married Tracey E. Edmonds. The couple has two children, Brandon and Dylan Michael, but they divorced in June 2007.
He participated at the 2004 Vote for Change concert tour in order to encourage the defeat of George W. Bush in the U.S. presidential election.
As an actor he was seen in "Soul Food", "The Sinbad Show", "The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour" or "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson". His career took him forward and he also became a film and record producer and things just went great for him. His fans are all over the world, especially in the United States being amongst the most popular and successful men.
- Height: 175 cm
- He has five brothers; two of them are named Kevon Edmonds and Melvin Edmonds.
- "Initially I wanted to be Muhammed Ali. But then I got into a fight and I got my butt kicked, so I figured I could choose something else."
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1 episode, 2005)
- The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour (2004) (TV)
- Soul Food (1 episode, 2001)
- Soul Food (1997)
- Hav Plenty (1997)
- The Sinbad Show (1 episode, 1994).
- 1986 Lovers
- 1989 Tender Lover
- 1991 A Closer Look
- 1993 For the Cool in You
- 1996 The Day
- 1997 Unplugged
- 1998 Christmas with Babyface
- 2000 A Collection of His Greatest Hits
- 2001 Love Songs
- 2001 Face2Face
- 2003 The Essential Babyface
- 2004 A Love Story
- 2005 The Other Side of Cool
- 2005 Grown & Sexy.
Babyface Image : rollingstone.com