Iman (birth name Iman Abdulmajid) was born on July 25, 1955 in Mogadishu, Somalia. She is a supermodel and actress.
Biography and Career :
She attended the Nairobi University. She speaks fluently five languages and she got to travel a lot as her father is the Somali ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
The photographer Peter Beard discovered her. When she moved to the United States she became a successful model and attended many fashion shows. She was also seen in many famous magazines like Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Flare and Photo.
She launched her own company and now is CEO of Iman Cosmetics, Skincare and Fragrances, creating products for women of color.
She also became an actress and one of her most important roles was in the movie "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country". Nonet
heless, she offered her voice for a computer game, Omikron - The Nomad Soul.
In 1977 she married Spencer Haywood, basketball player, with whom she has one daughter, Zuleka. In the end the couple divorced.
On April 24, 1992 she got married again, this time with David Bowie. They have a beautiful daughter named Alexandria Zahra. She works as a spokesperson for Keep A Child Alive.
In 2001 she finished a book called "I AM IMAN" and she has her own web site.
She will remain in history as the first African woman who appeared on the cover of famous Vogue magazine in 1979.
- Height: 178 cm
- Measurements: 86.5/71/96.5
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: 36
- She has been married twice.
- She was placed on the 29th position of Channel 5's "World's greatest supermodel".
- "I had breast enlargement to quiet that noise in my head and fill the gaping hole in my self-esteem."
- "I've always said that I was an accomplice to the Iman mythology, never a victim..."
- 1 Model Management
- Model Management - Hamburg
- ICM Models
- Calvin Klein, Darvel, De Beers, Donna Karan, Escada, H&M, Imari, Kenzo, Nikos Apostolopoulos, Revlon, Tommy Hilfiger, Valentino, Versace.
Magazine Covers :
- Canada: 'Flare'
- France: 'Photo' - May 1986; 'Photo' - September 1992
- Germany: 'Max'; 'Cosmopolitan' - February 1985
- US: 'Essence' - January 1988; 'Vogue' - November 1999; 'V magazine' - January 2000; 'Ocean Drive' - November 2004.
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul (1999) (VG) (voice)
- The Deli (1997)
- Exit to Eden (1994)
- Heart of Darkness (1994) (TV)
- Dream On (1 episode, 1993)
- Dangerous: The Short Films (1993) (V) ('Remember The Time' video)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
- The Linguini Incident (1991)
- House Party 2 (1991)
- Lies of the Twins (1991) (TV)
- L.A. Story (1991)
- 227 (1 episode, 1990)
- In the Heat of the Night (2 episodes, 1988)
- Miami Vice (2 episodes, 1985-1988)
- Surrender (1987)
- No Way Out (1987)
- Out of Africa (1985)
- The Cosby Show (1 episode, 1985)
- Exposed (1983)
- The Human Factor (1979)
- The View (1 episode, 2006)
- The Tyra Banks Show (3 episodes, 2006)
- Legends Ball (2006) (TV)
- 2006 Trumpet Awards (2006) (TV)
- Project Runway (1 episode, 2006)
- Tavis Smiley (1 episode, 2005)
- America's Next Top Model (1 episode, 2005)
- Fashion in Focus (1 episode, 2005)
- Love Hollywood Style (2004) (TV)
- Revealed with Jules Asner (1 episode, 2003)
- Leute heute (1 episode, 2002)
- The Rosie O'Donnell Show (4 episodes, 1996-2001)
- Intimate Portrait (1 episode, 2001)
- Essence Awards (2001) (TV)
- Life, Death, and Damien (2000)
- Michael Jackson: Video Greatest Hits - HIStory (1995) (V) ('Remember the Time' video)
- Star Trek 25th Anniversary Special (1991) (TV).
Iman Image : eriksaunders.com