Amerie (full name Amerie Mi Marie Rogers) was born on January 12, 1978 in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA. She is a singer, songwriter, model, actress and dancer.
Biography and Career :
She attended the Georgetown University and obtained a degree in English and Fine Arts. Her childhood and teenage was spent in different places like Alaska, Texas, Germany, and South Korea because her father worked in the United States military. Her career as a singer improved in 2001 after her appearance in Nas' "Rule" song. After one year she released her first solo album, called "All I Have". She was successful and MTV supported her a lot. The next two albums were released in 2005, "Touch", and 2007, "Because I Love It". Her single "1 Thing" became soundtrack for the movie "Hitch" and "I'm Comi
ng Out" for "Maid in Manhattan".
She is a model and dancer too. In 2004 she acted in the movie "First Daughter". Her singles were nominated at many awards shows and she won some of them. She is very popular not only in the United States, but in the entire world. Her second album was a huge success and she became famous thanks to that. She is beautiful and has a gorges body, but of course is intelligent too. She is young and if she continues this way she will show us her qualities and we can enjoy them.
- Height: 165 cm
- She has African, American and Korean origins.
- His father worked in the military.
- Angela Rogers is her sister and she is a lawyer.
- "It sounds like a cliche, but I always knew I was going to sing. I always knew that music was what I was going to do."
- MOBO Awards 2005 (2005) (TV)
- First Daughter (2004)
- The Center (2003) TV Series.
- 2002 All I Have
- 2005 Touch
- 2007 Because I Love It.
- 2003 Soul Train Music Awards: "Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist"
- 2005 Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards: "Entertainer of the Year"
- 2005 VIBE Awards: "Club Banger of the Year"
- 2006 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards: "Top Soundtrack Song of the Year".
Amerie Image : amerie.topwomen.org