Alain Ducasse was born on September 13, 1956 in Castel-Sarrazin, France. He is a great chef.
Biography and Career :
At the age of sixteen he started his career after entering the Pavillon Landais restaurant in Soustons and at the Bordeaux hotel school. After he finished school he began working at Michel Guerard's restaurant in Eugenie-les-Bains and at Gaston Leni´tre, but here only in the summer. Since 1977 he is the assistant of Moulin de Mougins under Chef Roger Verge. He became for the first time chef in 1980 at L'Amandier in Eugi¨ne Mougin and head chef at La Terrasse in the Hi´tel Juana in Juan-les-Pins after just one year.
In 1984 he received the two stars award in the Michelin Red Guide and was almost killed in a Lear jet crash. He became the Chef des Cuisines posit
ion at the Hi´tel de Paris in Monte Carlo in 1987 and after three years because of him the hotel received the three stars award in the Red Guide. It was for the first time that a hotel restaurant was receiving that distinction.
Since 1995 when he founded it he is the owner of La Bastide de Moustiers, which is a twelve-bedroom country inn in Provence.After just one year the Alain Ducasse restaurant opened in Le Parc - Sofitel Demeure Hi´tels in Paris, France and in 2000 at New York City's Jumeirah Essex House hotel.He is a great chef who owns three restaurants and has three Michelin Stars in three cities: Monte Carlo, Paris and New York. In 2005 he even opened an Asian restaurant in Tokyo.
The Ducasse restaurants :
- 59 Poincare (Paris, France)
- Au Lyonnais (Paris, France)
- Bar & Boeuf (Monaco)
- Be (BoulangEpicerie)
- Beige (Tokyo, Japon)
- Benoit (Paris, France)
- Benoit (Tokyo, Japan)
- La Cour Jardin (Paris, France)
- Mix in Las Vegas (LV, USA)
- Mix in New York (NYC, USA) - Closed
- La Terrasse du Parc
- Le Relais du Parc ( Paris, France)
- Le Relais Palza (Paris, France)
- Tamaris (Beyrouth, Lebanon)
- Spoon (Paris, London, Saint-Tropez, Carthago, Gstaadt, Mauritius, Hong-Kong).
- "Tasting a dish should be memorableÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ If nothing remains in the memory of a single guest, then I have made a mistake."
- "Something miraculous happens between the moment of reading a recipe and creating the corresponding dish."
Alain Ducasse Image : vagablond.com
Alain Ducasse Lists