Virginie Ledoyen was born on November 15, 1976 in Aubervilliers, France, the daughter of Bernard, a salesman and Olga, a retaurant manager. Her grandparents are Spanish and it has been suggested that this is where she inherited her unusual eyes. Virginie's parents are divorced and her mother remarried. Virginie has a brother, Michel. She is an actress and a model.
Biography and Career :
Virginie Ledoyen's modeling began at the age of two. This led eventually to her first film, an Italian comedy at the age of nine. It was at this time that she also enrolled in a performing arts school. By the age of eleven, Virginie Ledoyen had also acted in the theatre.
Virginie Ledoyen realized that acting would be something that she would like to pursue as a full time occupation at the a
ge of 15. In 1994 when Virginie Ledoyen was 17, she appeared in a movie called Cold Water where she played a troubled teen. This proved to be her big break and led to bigger things, including a 1995 film known as Single Girl which received critical acclaim.
Following this, Virginie Ledoyen received calls from Hollywood including Woody Allen
's agent. At this point she not yet been involved in an American production. This changed with the release of The Beach in February 2000. When she isn't acting, Virginie Ledoyen loves to read
Virginie Ledoyen is also heavily involved with an organization called 'Pour le Tibet' which provides medical aid to Tibetan centers.
- Seed of Contention (2006)
- La Doublure (2006)
- Holly (2005)
- Saint Ange (2004)
- Bon voyage (2003)
- Mais qui a tue Pamela Rose? (2003)
- Josy (2002)
- 8 femmes (aka 8 Women) (2002)
- De l'amour (aka All About Love) (2001)
- The Beach (2000)
- En plein coeur (aka In All Innocence) (1998)
- Fin aoi╗t, debut septembre (aka Late August, Early September) (1998)
- A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries (1998)
- Jeanne et le garižon formidable (aka Jeanne and the Perfect Guy) (1998)
- Marianne (1997)
- Heroi»nes (1997)
- Ma 6-T va crack-er (1997)
- Mahjong (1996)
- Les Sensuels (1995)
- Sur la route (1995)
- La Ceremonie (1995)
- La Fille seule (aka A Single Girl) (1995)
- L'Eau froide (aka Cold Water) (1994)
- La Folie douce (aka Loose Screws) (1994)
- Les Marmottes (aka The Groundhogs) (1993)
- Mima (1991)
- Le Voleur d'enfants (aka The Children Thief) (1991)
- Lo miís natural (aka The Most Natural Thing) (1991)
- Les Exploits d'un jeune Don Juan (1987).
Virginie Ledoyen's Dates :
Virginie Ledoyen Lists
Virginie Ledoyen Pictures