Vanessa Carlton was born on August 16, 1980 in Milford, Pennsylvania, USA. She is an American pop singer, songwriter and pianist.
Biography and Career :
Her mother was a very talented piano player. At the age of two, Vanessa fell in love with the single "It's A Small World. She composed her first song at the age of 8. When she was 14 years old, Vanessa was accepted to follow the courses of the American School of Ballet in New York. Life in school was hard and restraining. That's why Vanessa was trying to gather a collection of singles in order to be presented.
Professionals at Open-mic in New York remarked her music. She made her debut in February 2002 with the album: "A Thousand Miles". Her singles went on the top. She sang at the TRL show on MTV, being also mentioned by
Rolling Stone in an interview about the successful artists of the year 2002.
- His father is a pilot and her mother a piano teacher.
- She has two younger siblings.
- She began playing the piano as a toddler and received tutoring from her mother.
- Her boyfriend and producer is Stephan Jenkins of rock band Third Eye Blind.
- "Jane" magazine in the U.S. named her one of the "eleven people you'd most like to see naked".
- She posed for the "Jane" magazine's July 2005 issue.
- "Every single note on this album is there for a reason."
- "Every time I get up on stage it is almost like VH1 Storytellers. I'm telling the stories of the songs and I enjoy sharing that with people."
- "Food can become such a point of anxiety - not because it's food, but just because you have anxiety. That's how eating disorders develop."
- Be Not Nobody - April 30, 2002
- Harmonium - November 9, 2004
- Heroes and Thieves - Spring 2007.
- "A Thousand Miles" - 2002
- "Ordinary Day" - 2002
- "Pretty Baby" - 2002
- "Big Yellow Taxi" - 2003
- "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime" - 2004
- "White Houses" - 2004
- "Private Radio" - 2004
- "Who's to Say" - 2005
- "M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E"- 2007.
Vanessa Carlton Image : askmen.com
Vanessa Carlton Lists