Roger Federer was born on August 8, 1981 in Basel, Switzerland. He is a famous tennis player who is currently World's Number One.
Biography and Career :
He has German, Swiss and South African origins and his parents' names are Robert Federer and Lynette Federer. He grew up in Switzerland and he speaks fluently German, French and English. The person who is always next to him and supports him is Miroslava Vavrinec or Mirka. She is an ex tennis player and they met in 2000 at the Sydney Olympics. He likes children and likes to take care of them, that is why he does a lot of charity actions and is involved in the UNICEF programs. On April 3, 2003 he was named Goodwill Ambassador to UNICEF.
His career as a tennis player started when he was six years old. In 1998 he won the junio
r Wimbledon title and soon became professional. Until now (2007) he won three of the four Grand Slam titles. The French Open has not been in his hands yet and in 2007 Rafael Nadal managed to beat him.
He won four times at Wimbledon: in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. In 2007 he is the favourite player there and specialists give him great chances to win the fifth consecutive title. At the Australian Open he won three times: 2004, 2006 and 2007. The US Open was conquered three consecutive times 2004, 2005 and 2006.
Tony Roche is his last coach and probably the most famous. Federer has renounced at his services in 2007. He received many awards and also won tournaments at Indian Wells, Toronto, Hamburg, Miami, Cincinnati, Madrid or Dubai.
As you can see his results are amazing. He surprised everyone and famous names in the tennis history see him as a legend and consider that his career is just getting started. We can say that he is phenomenon as many records were smashed by him.
- Height: 185 cm
- Weight: 80 kg
- He plays: right-handed.
- He turned pro in 1998.
- "Previously I always thought it was just tactical and technique, but every match has become almost mental and physical'I try to push myself to move well. I try to push myself not to get upset and stay positive, and that's what my biggest improvement is over all those years. Under pressure I can see things very clear."
- "All four of those are on grass, whereas I have to play some on a hard court!"
- "It's just unreal, I'm shocked myself. I've played good matches here, but never really almost destroyed somebody."
- "It's a match for him to forget and for me to remember."
- "It's great...being there till the end, seeing an empty locker room and a full stadium."
- "Because people sometimes miss it, and sometimes they don't have it, they want it. And when they have it, they don't want it."
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 513 - 130
- Singles Titles: 48
- Doubles Record: 104 - 68
- Doubles Titles: 7
- Prize Money: $31,237,103
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 1 (2-Feb-2004).
Roger Federer Image : tennis.com
Roger Federer Articles
Roger Federer News