Paulina Porizkova was born on April 9, 1965 in Prostejov, Czech Republic. She is an actress and former supermodel.
Biography and Career :
Her modeling career started when she was only 15 years old. Earlier she had moved together with her family to Sweden. She signed a contract with Elite Modeling Agency in Paris and soon she was famous. After the appearance in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue she appeared in the pages of Playboy magazine in 1987. Between 1985 and 1995 she represented Estee Lauder being their face. She also posed for Vogue, Madame Figaro, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Flare, Harper's Bazaar, Glamour and many others. Being such a well known model she had the chance to model for brands like Ann Taylor, Anne Klein, Escada, Versace and others.
After a while
she started an acting career and played in "Portfolio" in 1983 and "Anna", "Her Alibi", "Arizona Dream", "Knots" and "The Colbert Report". She wrote "A Model Summer" and "The Adventures of Ralphie the Roach". Along time she also played in music videos, did photo shoots for calendars and appeared in many campaigns and advertisements. In 2007 she was one of the contestants at "Dancing with the Stars" reality show.
On August 23, 1989 she married Ric Ocasek. The couple has two children, Jonathan Raven Ocasek and Oliver Orion Ocasek.
- Height: 181.5 cm
- Measurements: 86.5/63.5/89
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Shoe Size: 41
- Agencies: 'IMG', New York, Paris & London
- Her hobbies are: painting, playing piano, writing children's stories and playing Nintendo.
- "My boyfriend [now her husband] thinks I lost my true calling to be a librarian."
- Alma, Ann Taylor, Anne Klein Footwear, Biagiotti, Capezio Bags, Cole Juniors, Encore, Episode, Escada, Escada 'En Fleurs' fragrance, Estee Lauder, FaBE, Gianni Versace, Giorgio Beverly Hills 'Red' fragrance, Gottex, Macys, Maybelline, Mikimoto, Monet, Perry Ellis, Revlon, Roxanne, Sprite (Diet), Susann D.
Magazine Covers :
- Australia: 'Cosmopolitan' - June 1983; 'Marie Claire' - April 1997
- Canada: 'Flare' - November 1988
- France: 'Photo' - July 1987; 'Vogue' - October 1988; 'Madame Figaro'
- Germany: 'Vogue' - August 1987; 'Vogue' - September 1988; 'Funk Uhr' - August 14, 1992
- Greece: 'Cosmopolitan' - February & April 1983; 'Cosmopolitan' - December 1985; 'Cosmopolitan' - July 1986; 'Cosmopolitan' - March & July 1987; 'Cosmopolitan' - February 1989; 'Cosmopolitan' - January 1992
- Italy: 'Grazia' - March 16 & May 11, 1986; MODA' - October 1987
- Spain: 'Harper's Bazaar' - April 1984; 'Harper's Bazaar' - 1988
- Sweden: 'Starlet' - #33, 1985
- UK: 'Vogue' - September 1986; 'Vogue' - March 1987
- US: 'Cosmopolitan' - June 1983; 'Glamour' - September 1983; 'Mademoiselle' - November 1983; 'Vogue Patterns' - November/December 1983; 'Glamour' - April 1984; 'Cosmopolitan' - June 1985; 'Glamour' - May 1985; 'Harper's Bazaar' - May 1985; 'Elle' - January & October 1986; 'Glamour' - February, September & December 1986; 'Mademoiselle' - April & July 1986; 'Vogue' - May, September & December 1986; 'Cosmopolitan' - November 1987; 'Elle' - April 1987; 'Glamour' - March, June & September 1987; 'Harper's Bazaar' - May & November 1987; 'Vogue' - April & July 1987; 'Harper's Bazaar' - July 1988; 'New York Woman' - May 1989; 'Vogue' - December 1989; 'New Woman' - September 1990; 'Cosmopolitan' - May & November 1991; 'Self' - August 1991; 'Cosmopolitan' - May & November 1992; 'Cosmopolitan' - May 1992; 'Glamour' - January 1992; 'Harper's Bazaar' - June 1992; 'Self' - March 1992; 'Cosmopolitan' - July 1993; 'New Woman' - April 1993; 'Self' - August & December 1993; 'New Woman' - April 1997; 'More' - November 2004;
'Cosmopolitan Beauty Guide' - Summer 1984; 'Sports Illustrated' - February 1984; 'Cosmopolitan Super Beauty & Fitness' - Autumn 1985.
- Knots (2004)
- Second Best (2004)
- Essential Music Videos: Hits of the '80s (2003) (V)
- People I Know (2002)
- Au plus pres du paradis (2002)
- Dark Asylum (2001)
- Roomates (2001)
- Talk to Me (1 episode, 2000)
- Partners in Crime (2000)
- The Intern (2000)
- After the Rain (2000)
- Thursday (1998)
- Long Time Since (1997)
- Wedding Bell Blues (1996)
- Female Perversions (1996)
- Ned and Stacey (1 episode, 1995)
- Arizona Dream (1993)
- Her Alibi (1989)
- Anna (1987)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 1987)
- Covergirl (1984)
- Portfolio (1983).
Self Filmography :
- The Colbert Report (1 episode, 2007)
- Entertainment Tonight (1 episode, 2007)
- Dancing with the Stars (3 episodes, 2007)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (1 episode, 2007)
- Howard Stern (1 episode, 2000)
- The Howard Stern Radio Show (1 episode, 2000)
- ABC Afterschool Specials (1 episode, 1994)
- Sports Illustrated Behind the Scenes: Official Swimsuit Video (1992) (TV)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 1989)
- Late Night with David Letterman (1 episode, 1986)
- 15 Minutes (1 episode).
Paulina Porizkova Image : dmccweb.com
Paulina Porizkova News
Paulina Porizkova Lists
Paulina Porizkova Pictures