Marin Sorescu was born on February 18, 1936 in Bulzesti, Dolj Romania. He is considered to be one of the most important Romanian writers.
Biography and Career :
He attends high school in Predeal. Between 1955-1960 he studies Fhylology in Iasi. Settled down in Bucharest
, he becomes one of the most known Romanian poet and playwright.
Marin Sorescu entered the University of Iasi in 1955, and received his B.A. in philology in 1960.
He was awarded with "Herder Award" in 1990.
He ended-up his life in 1996.
His first Poem Volume was named "Singur printre poeti" and it was published in 1964 and it was a collection of poetic parodies and pastiches of conventional lyrical expressions
From his work we mention
: "Alone Among Poets" (1964), "Poems" (1965), "The Death of the Cloch" (1966), "The Youth of Don Quijote" (1968), "Iona" (1968), "The Clouds" (1975), "The Vision of the Vision" (1982), "censored Lyrics" (1991).
Vladimir Streinu says: "Marin Sorescu uncovers great lyrical themes by the solemnity under which poets have usually shown them" .
Slightly sad but yet delicate, his joke is his identity in thinking the idea of life and death.
- "Poetry must be concise, almost algebraic".
1. Writers' Union Prize in 1965, 1968, and 1974
2. The International Poetry Festival Gold Medal, Naples (1969)
3. The Romania Academy Prize first time in 1970 and then several other times
4. The Poetry Prize of the Academia delle Muze, Florence (1978)
5. The International Fernando Riello Prize, Madrid (1983)
6. The Herder prize, Austria (1991)
- "Scara la cer" is his latest poem wrote.
- "Matca", one of his writings was translated into Arabic language.
- He studied in "Fratii Buzesti High-School", Craiova
Marin Sorescu Lists