Maggie Q (real name Margaret Denise Quigley) was born on May 22, 1980 in Hawaii, USA. She was a fashion model and actress.
Biography and Career :
Her father has Polish, Irish, and French descent and her mother has Vietnamese descendents.
Her mother had been married once before she met Maggie's father and has two daughters from that marriage. With her new husband she had Maggie and another two girls.
Maggie Quigley finished her studies at Mililani High School and after she graduated she worked as a model and went to Japan and Hong Kong with contracts.
In 1998 she received her first role as an actress in a Chinese TV series. She was famous in Asia but she wanted fame also in America and Europe. That came when she starred in the action thriller Naked Weapon.
biggest role in a movie came in 2006 when she appeared in "Mission: Impossible III" with Tom Cruise.
- "I used to get really bothered and depressed about what the press wrote about me, but not anymore. They are always making up these fantastical stories about me and the men I go out with. Hong Kong is a big city and it's hard to survive. Everybody is so driven. It's one of those places where you deal with extremes all the time - (can't) live with it, can't live without it - that kind of thing. I love the city. But you don't get used to the cultural differences."
- "When I first got here (Hong Kong), I was naive and thought that everyone was nice and had good intentions. But that's not always the case and I've learnt a lot in the last five years. It's hard to stay 'normal' in this business and it helps to find humor in everything. People tend to define you by your relationships, the way you dress, and what you've done - they have no idea who I really am. Knowing a person has nothing to do with all those things. In the beginning, I didn't understand the popularity. I don't like it and I don't value it. It wasn't real. Even today, I'd be quite happy to trade places with the next person and be 'regular'."
- "I wouldn't undo what's happened to me at all."
- "That threw me off guard. I thought that was really sweet. Sometimes, they say I'm sexy, and then next, they say other things. I won't really go by what the media say anyway."
- "When I first arrived, I did fashion modeling for one year solid and I was bored after that. I'm the kind of person who takes each day as it comes along. Some people have long-term plans but I don't. It's a lot more challenging this way, but it also means I'm not stuck in one place. I want to give myself options - people in the business do that - I'm realistic, I can't be a cover girl forever. It's not a problem for me. That's partly why I've got my own ongoing projects."
- "I love independent films. The current projects I'm looking at are darker pieces with pretty challenging ideas. I like pushing the limits. Even the books I read - I'm reading one about Cuba now - are not mainstream."
- "My parents are proud of me today, not because I'm a 'star' but rather, it's that whatever I've achieved, I've worked and done it myself. They couldn't care less if tomorrow I'm appearing in a different magazine. I've tried to stay who I am, and family and friends still say I haven't changed. To me, that's the greatest compliment."
- Just Diamond Jewellery, Lancel, Max Factor, Nivea, Oil Of Olay, Shiseido, Suzuki, Far Eastern Bank.
Magazine Covers :
- 'Style' - October 2003
- China: 'Cosmopolitan' - December 2001.
- "Live Free or Die Hard" (2007)
- "The Tourist" (2007)
- "Balls of Fury" (2007)
- "Mission: Impossible III" (2006)
- "The Counting House" (2006)
- "Maang lung" (2005) ("Dragon Squad")
- "Barbara Wood - Das Haus der Harmonie" (2005) (TV) ("House of Harmony")
- "Taped" (2005)
- "Hainan ji fan" (2004) ("Rice Rhapsody")
- "Around the World in 80 Days" (2004)
- "Moh waan chue fong" (2004) ("Magic Kitchen")
- "Chek law dak gung" (2002) ("Naked Weapon")
- "Rush Hour 2" (2001)
- "Manhattan Midnight" (2001)
- "Tejing xinrenlei 2" (2000)
- "Gui ming mo" (2000).
- Height: 172 cm
- Measurements: 86.5/61/86.5
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Shoe Size: 39
- Agencies: 'Starz People' Hong Kong.
Maggie Q Image : maggiequigley.com
Maggie Q News
Maggie Q Lists