Maggie Gyllenhaal (full name Maggie Ruth Gyllenhaal) was born on the 16th of November 1977 in Lower East Side, New York, New York, USA. She is an international famous actress.
Biography and Career:
She had attended Columbia University and graduated in 1999 and also the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London and Harvard-Westlake prep school.
Her father was the film director for the first role Maggie received and that's how her career begun. Her international fame came after the role in "Secretary" receiving a Golden Globe nomination for that.
Other movies she played are: "Sherrybaby", "Trust the Man", "World Trade Center" and "The Dark Knight".
Among the awards she had won is a BSFC Award for Best Actress with the role in "Secretary".
In 2004 at the Sundance Film Fe
stival she was one of the jury members.
She is a good looking woman, smart and talented and now has a successful career as an actress.
Motivation, talent and passion made brought her a big number of international fans.
- Height: 175 cm
- Jake Gyllenhaal is her brother
- She is daughter of Stephen Gyllenhaal and Naomi Foner.
- She appeared in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement
- She has Swedish (noble) and Russian-Jewish origins
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- High Falls (2007)
- Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- World Trade Center (2006)
- Monster House (2006) (voice)
- Paris, je t'aime (2006)
- SherryBaby (2006)
- Trust the Man (2005)
- The Great New Wonderful (2005)
- Happy Endings (2005)
- Criminal (2004)
- The Pornographer: A Love Story (2004)
- Strip Search (2004) (TV)
- Mona Lisa Smile (2003)
- Casa de los babys (2003)
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)
- Adaptation. (2002)
- 40 Days and 40 Nights (2002)
- Secretary (2002)
- Riding in Cars with Boys (2001)
- Donnie Darko (2001)
- Cecil B. DeMented (2000)
- The Photographer (2000)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll: An American Love Story (1999) (TV)
- Resurrection (1999) (TV)
- Homegrown (1998)
- The Patron Saint of Liars (1998) (TV)
- Shattered Mind (1996) (TV)
- A Dangerous Woman (1993)
- Waterland (1992)
- "I do seem to have a bit of a predilection for movies that say something transgressive."
- "I've realized that the only way to make movies that you're proud of, that don't fall into the sentimental bullsh*t that so many movies fall into, is to fight. You have to fight. So many people are willing to sleepwalk through things and fall into the 'not human, not interesting' choice."
image source : eonline.com
Maggie Gyllenhaal Lists
Maggie Gyllenhaal Pictures