Madeleine Peyroux was born on 1974, in Athens, Georgia, United States. She is a famous American jazz singer, songwriter, and guitarist.
Biography and Career:
In 1979 she and her family moved to Brooklyn and when she was sixteen years old she started traveling and performing along the Lost Wandering Blues and Jazz Band. She started her own solo career and soon became famous thanks to her talent and dedication.
Her first album was released in 1996 and it was called "Dreamland". Besides that she released another three "Got You on My Mind", "Careless Love" and "Half the Perfect World".
She has a contract with Rounder, Atlantic and she writes her own songs.
With her hard work and talent she will surely continue having a successful career many years and we will enjoy her song
Her fans are all over the world and they support her projects.
We are sure she is a great artist and recognition already came for her.
- 1996 Dreamland (Atlantic)
- 2004 Got You on My Mind, with William Galison (Waking Up)
- 2004 Careless Love (Rounder)
- 2006 Half the Perfect World (Rounder)
- "Another Brick In The Wall" by Pink Floyd, "Train In The Distance" by Paul Simon or "Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads are some of her favorite singles
- Lucky You (2007)
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1 episode, 2005)
- "I listened to Billie Holiday a lot in order to learn to sing, but my intent is to become my own voice, to be able to interpret these songs in my own way."
- "I could spend my life as an anarchist, but to completely disassociate myself... doesn't solve any of the problems."
Madeleine Peyroux Image : en.wikipedia.org
Madeleine Peyroux Lists
Madeleine Peyroux Pictures