Loretta Lynn (real name Loretta Webb) was born on April 14, 1934 in Butcher Holler, Kentucky, USA.. She is an American country music singer-songwriter and was one of the leading country female vocalists during the 1960s and 1970s, and overall is revered as a country icon.
Biography and Career :
She started her country music career in 1960 and since then she released many albums and number one singles. Until now she collaborated with labels like Zero Records, Decca/MCA Records or Columbia Records.
She won many awards for example Music City News Country Awards, Academy of Country Music Awards, VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock & Roll Award and Grammy Awards.
Some of her singles are "Don't Come Home A' Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)", "Fist City", "Woman of the World",
"Coal Miner's Daughter", "After the Fire Is Gone", "Lead Me On", Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man", "Trouble In Paradise" or "Somebody, Somewhere". Millions of fans all over the world listen to her singles every day and can't wait the new one.
On January 10, 1948 she married Oliver Mooney' Lynn Jr.'. Unfortunately in August 2006 he died. They have six children. In 1976 she wrote her autobiography: "Coal Miner's Daughter". Her husband, Jack, died in 1984 drowned.
- Height: 157 cm
- She was named The First Lady of Country Music and Country Music's First Girl Singer.
- Crystal Gayle is her sister.
- Her parents are Melvin "Ted" Webb and Clara Marie.
- "For a singer, you've got to continue to grow or else you're just like last night's cornbread -- stale and dry."
- "A woman's two cents worth is worth two cents in the music business."
- "When I was 14, I lived like a 35 year-old, and when I was 35, I lived like a 14 year-old."
- Rachel and Andrew Jackson: A Love Story (2001) (TV)
- Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child (1 episode, 1999)
- Fantasy Island (1 episode, 1982)
Image source : flickr.com - Scott Schram
Loretta Lynn Lists