Lleyton Hewitt was born on February 24, 1981 in Adelaide, Australia. He is a great tennis player and a former World's Number One.
Biography and Career :
In 1998 he became a professional tennis player and since then he has been winning 26 titles as a single player ad two titles as a doubles. He won two Grand Slam titles and was close to win the third.
* In 2001 he managed to win the US Open after a final against legendary Pete Sampras with the score 7-6, 6-1, 6-1.
* One year later he was winning the Wimbledon against David Nalbandian with a score in the final: 6-1, 6-3, 6-2.
* He played another final at the US Open in 2004, but his opponent Roger Federer beat him pretty seriously 6-0, 7-6(3), 6-0.
* In 2005 at the Australian Open he played the final agains
t Marat Safin and even if he wanted so bad to win this title, he lost in the end with 1-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4.
* At the French Open he managed to play in the quarter-finals in 2001 and 2004, but stopped there every time.
On November 19, 2001 he won the first position of Top 100 and remained Number One until April 28, 2003. He was the youngest player to achieve this. During the years he received many awards and has played many times for his country in the Davis Cup. He is a passionate player and every time he wins an important point in a match he shouts "Come On".
He had a romantic relation with a famous tennis player Kim Clijsters for four years, but in the end they separated. He is now married to Bec Cartwright, an actress from Australia. They married on July 21, 2005 and in the same year their daughter, Mia Rebecca Hewitt, was born.
He is an important name in the Australian tennis and also in the world's tennis history. He is a legend of the tennis world and his career is still high.
- Height: 180 cm
- Weight: 77 kg
- He plays: right-handed.
- He turned pro in 1998.
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 451 - 144
- Singles Titles: 26
- Doubles Record: 67 - 47
- Doubles Titles: 2
- Prize Money: $16,969,817
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 1 (19-Nov-2001).
- 2001 - ATP Player of the Year
- 2001 - Most Popular South Australian
- 2002 - ATP Player of the Year
- 2002 - Australia's Male Athlete
- 2002 ESPY Best Male Tennis Player
- 2003 - Young Australian of the Year
- 2003 - Vogue Australia Sportsman of the Year
- 2003 - Most Popular South Australian.
Lleyton Hewitt Image : en.wikipedia.org
Lleyton Hewitt Lists