Liza Minnelli (full name Liza May Minnelli) was born on March 12, 1946 in Los Angeles, California, U.S..She is an Academy Award-winning American actress and singer.
Biography and Career :
She started her career in 1949 and since then she became a successful woman all over the world.
Between 1967 and 1974 she was married to Peter Allen and then between 1974 and 1979 to Jack Haley Jr. In December 1979 she married Mark Gero, but in 1992 the couple decided to get divorced. On March 16, 2002 she married again, this time David Gest. In April 2007 they got divorced.
In 1990 she received the Grammy Legend Award and in 1999 she was awarded with the Board of Directors MAC Award. She also received the Triple Crown of Acting: Tony for "Flora, the Red Menace", Oscar, Best Actress fo
r "Cabaret" and Emmy for Liza with a 'Z' in 1973. Besides these awards she received the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in "Cabaret".
She is involved in many charity actions and likes helping people around her and also the animals. All her fans keep encouraging her every day and she makes them happy by releasing singles and appearing in movies.
- Height: 163 cm
- In 1980 her Measurements were: 33C - 28 - 31
- Ira Gershwin and Kay Thompson are her godparents.
- She use to say that her humor is inherited from her mother.
- Mia Farrow is her childhood friend.
- Diana Ross is one of her many friends now.
- "Reality is something you rise above."
- "My mother gave me my drive but my father gave me my dreams."
- "It's a waste of time to think about what I should have done and what I didn't. I really believe in that. That's how I react to the if-onlys of life. To moan and groan about something I shouldn't have done, could have done, might have done . . . who knows? It is what it is. You got what you got. I live my life one day at a time."
- "My family's been in show business since the 1700s. I traced them. I'm bred to this. Like a racehorse. A thoroughbred. Look at my parents, my God. But it was my curiosity that made me do this. Because you could also say, "Look at Frank Sinatra Jr.." It's not like a natural thing that happens. You gotta work."
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (1 episode, 2006)
- The Oh in Ohio (2006)
- Arrested Development (10 episodes, 2003-2005)
- The West Side Waltz (1995) (TV)
- Parallel Lives (1994) (TV)
- Stepping Out (1991)
- Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988)
- Sam Found Out: A Triple Play (1988) (TV)
- Rent-a-Cop (1987)
- Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night (1987) (voice)
- A Time to Live (1985) (TV)
- Faerie Tale Theatre (1 episode, 1984)
- Arthur (1981)
- New York, New York (1977)
- A Matter of Time (1976)
- Lucky Lady (1975)
- Journey Back to Oz (1974) (voice)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon (1970)
- The Sterile Cuckoo (1969)
- That's Life (1 episode, 1968)
- Charlie Bubbles (1967)
- The Dangerous Christmas of Red Riding Hood (1965) (TV)
- Mr. Broadway (1 episode, 1964)
- In the Good Old Summertime (1949) (uncredited)
Image Source : upi.com
Liza Minnelli News
Liza Minnelli Lists