Lisa Loeb (birth name Lisa Anne Loeb) was born on March 11, 1968 in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. She is an American singer-songwriter and actress.
Biography and Career :
She is the daughter of gastroenterologist Peter Loeb and she has three siblings: Benjamin Loeb, Debbie Loeb, and Philip Loeb. She graduated in 1986 from The Hockaday School, an all-girls private school in Dallas and went to Brown University, where she obtained a degree in comparative literature.
There she started her singer career when she founded with Elizabeth Mitchell a band called "Liz and Lisa" and they co-opted as a guitarist Duncan Sheik a classmate. They made two independent albums called "Liz and Lisa" and "Liz and Lisa - Days were different" and after this Lisa decided to start a solo career singing i
n New York coffeehouses and even record and sold a tape called "The purple tape".
Her life changed when she was discovered by Ethan Hawke who gave one of her songs, "Stay" to the actor Ben Stiller and he put it on the soundtrack of the movie: "Reality bites". The song became number one in the American charts and Lisa debuted in 1995 with an album called "Tails". After two years her second album appeared "Firecracker".
After a commercial failure of her third album "Cake and pie" in 2003, Lisa changed in the next year her label and signed to the independent label Zoe/Rounder, and The Way It Really Is was released August 2004. The album was Loeb's fifth studio-recorded album. In 2006 appeared her last album: "The Very Best of Lisa Loeb".
She appeared on TV screens in some movies and serials like: "The Nanny", "The Rugrats Movie", "House on Haunted Hill" and she has been the voice of Mary Jane Watson in the animated show "Spider-Man: The New Animated Series".
- Height: 157cm
- She is a vegetarian.
- Her trademark is her Tortoise Shell vintage glasses frames.
- She speaks fluent Spanish.
- "I don't think I can tell any stories about how I lived in a van in Alaska. I grew up in the suburbs, I even had my own room. We weren't poor. Everything was very normal."
- "I don't use simple words. I make games and puzzles with my songs."
- "Some people train for certain sports and I want to train to be a able to hold a super heavy electric guitar and carry luggage around myself because I always have to have 7,000 pairs of shoes. Who cares about sports?"
- "I eat fish and love bacon. Plus, I don't mind if soups are made with chicken or beef stock, I just don't like eating big pieces of meat."
- "Shorty McShorts' Shorts" (1 episode, 2007)
- The Imperfect Duplicates of Dodger Dare (2007) TV episode (voice)
- Serial Killing 4 Dummys (2004)
- "Spider-Man" (3 episodes, 2003)
- Keeping Secrets (2003) TV episode (voice)
- "The Andy Dick Show" (1 episode, 2002)
- Grandia Xtreme (2002) (VG)
- House on Haunted Hill (1999)
- "Mad TV" (1 episode, 1999)
- The Rugrats Movie (1998) (voice)
- "Cupid" (1 episode, 1998)
- "The Nanny" (1 episode, 1997)
- Black Circle Boys (1997)
- "Saturday Night Live" .... Musical Guest (1 episode, 1995)
- Chevy Chase/Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories (1995) TV episode
- Tabloid (1985)
Image Source : flickr.com
Lisa Loeb Lists