Linda Evangelista was born on May 10, 1965 in St. Catharines, Ontario. She is a Canadian supermodel. Linda Evangelista's height : 5'9"/1.77 m.
Biography and Career :
Linda Evangelista was born to Italian parents and was raised in a working class, traditional Catholic family. Her natural hair colour is dark brown. Linda Evangelista knew she wanted to become a model when she was 12 years old.
Linda Evangelista got into the modeling industry when she was discovered by a talent agent at the 1978 Miss Teen Niagara Contest. Linda Evangelista later moved to New York City and signed with Elite Model Management there. She then moved to Paris, France to further her career. Linda Evangelista has also appeared in music videos with George Michael.
Along with Christy Turlington, Claud
ia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista is regarded as one of the few, true supermodels that changed the face of fashion in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
Linda Evangelista is a part of the triumvirate of model friends that includes Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington. These three women were affectionately dubbed the "trinity" and are commonly credited as the ones responsible for sparking supermodel mania. The Trinity pushed for better wages for models and for better projects and subsequently Evangelista was called the founder of the supermodel "union".
In the late-80s she chopped off all her hair into a little-boy style haircut and was promptly cancelled from all the important runway shows that season. This was the first of her many many dramatic hairstyle changes, and she revolutionized the industry. Models just didn't have short hair until Linda Evangelista did. Within months, she appeared on magazine covers everywhere, and women all over the world copied her hairstyle.
Linda Evangelista is known as The Chameleon, both for her frequent hair changes (style, length and colour) and for the way she could transform in front of a camera. Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld once said of her, "There is not another model in the world as professional as she is." He also said, when comparing models, that Evangelista was the "top of the tops."
When Linda Evangelista is not on the catwalk she is an advocate for AIDS and breast cancer awareness. In 1996 she won the VH1 Fashion Awards Lifetime Achievement Award. Linda Evangelista has a star on Canada's Walk of Fame in Toronto. In 2005 she was honored as a World Style Icon at the Women's World Awards held in Germany.
Linda Evangelista also plays the accordion, and was one of the few female cigar smokers, before she gave up smoking and drinking altogether.
Linda Evangelista has been married once - a five year relationship with Elite Models' bigwig Gerald Marie that ended in 1992. She has also been romantically linked to actor Kyle MacLachlan (1992 to 1998) and French soccer player Fabien Barthez (1998 to 2001). Most recently (2005), Linda Evangelista has been seen with former Formula 1 driver, Paolo Barilla.
In 2003, Linda Evangelista became the first model to receive a place in Canada's Walk of Fame.
- Weight: 121 lb (55 kg)
- Measurements: 35-25-35 (US); 88-63-88 (EU)
- Dress Size: 6-8 (US); 36-38 (EU)
- Shoe Size: 8 (US); 40 (EU)
- Eyes: Blue-Green
- Hair: naturally dark Brown, currently blonde
- Ethnicity: Italian
- Nationality: Canadian
- "It was God who made me so beautiful. If I weren't, then I'd be a teacher."
- "We have this saying, Christy and I: We don't get out of bed for less than 10,000 a day. (It was originally a joke but is now often misquoted as: I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day.)"
- "I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak."
- "I don't diet. I just don't eat as much as I'd like to."
- Has four dogs Coco, Willow Flower, Enzo, and Willy.
- Recieved a special lifetime achievement award at the 1997 VH1 Fashion and Music Awards.
- Entered the 'Miss Teen Niagra' beauty contest at the age of 12 and lost.
- Named by people magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People In the World" (1990).
- Met actor Kyle MacLachlan on the set of an ad for Barney's New York in 1992 and they began dating that year and became engaged in 1994, but seperated in early 1998.
- Linda Evangelista received a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto in June of 2003
- Her father, brother, and uncle all work for General Motors.
- Is of Italian decent.
- In Portuguese and Spanish, "Linda Evangelista" name means "beautiful", "pretty".
- One of the five supermodels. The others are Claudia Schiffer, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, and Naomi Campbell.
- Has changed her hair color a minimum of twelve times.
1. "Sex and the City"
- A Woman's Right to Shoes (2003) TV Episode .... Saleswoman
2. The Loss of Sexual Innocence (1999) (uncredited) .... Italian Woman
3. "Primero izquierda"
- Episode dated 6 February 1992 (1992) TV Episode
Linda Evangelista Lists