Lil Jon (real name Jonathan Smith) was born on January 27, 1971 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. He is an American rapper, hype man, and producer, best known as a pioneer of the sub-genre of hip hop known as "crunk".
Biography and Career :
After he graduated from Douglass High School in Atlanta, Georgia, he started working as the host of a radio show at BET. In the same time he made some remixes for artists like Matty-K, Jamaal, Too $hort, Kim Murdah, Xscape, and Total. He worked for So So Def between 1993 and 2000.
He started his rapper career in 2001 when with his group East Side Boyz launched their single "Put Yo Hood Up".
In 2002, with the help of Rick Taylor (also known as Disco Rick), one of the bass music kings and legends in Miami, they started to work at the
ir breakdown album called "Kings of Crunk".
Singles like "I Don't Give a Fuck" featuring Mystikal and Krayzie Bone, "Get Low" with the Ying Yang Twins and remixes of Get Low featuring Busta Rhymes and Elephant Man went on the top of the charts and brought to the artist a lot of money.
In 2004 Lil Jon produced Usher
's breakdown hit called "Yeah" featuring Ludacris and the song quickly skyrocketed to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. In the same year appeared his new album Crunk Juice, which features contributions from protege Lil' Scrappy and Bo Hagon, Grammy Award-winning record producer Rick Rubin, R. Kelly
, Ice Cube
, Usher, Three 6 Mafia, Gangsta Boo, and Ludacris, and one of Lil Jon's punk heroes, The Bad Brain.
He also appeared in some movies like: Soul Plane, Boss'n Up, Date Movie and Scary Movie 4 .
- His nickname is The king of Crunk.
- He has some trademarks like: dark sunglasses, usually carries a jewel-encrusted "pimp goblet" and punctuates his speech by screaming "What?!", "Yeah!" and "Ok!"
- He produced one song on Paris Hilton
's debut album.
- He is a big fan of Atlanta Thrashers of the NHL and his son plays hockey there.
- "We've never been squeaky-clean from the jump. We've never been Disney or Sesame Street, you know. You can listen to the records and know: We're really street."
- I appreciate the people showing me love, but that shit can definitely get annoying, people screaming, "What?!" at you all fuckin' day. They don't understand that you can't be crunk all the time.
- "Lil Jon & the Eastside Boyz, we don't even rap. We don't consider ourselves rappers, but we came out and made people love us. Cuz we weren't trying to be true to this and true to that and tampering with the art form and all that bullsh*t. Rap music and hip-hop came from people expressing themselves, so how you gonna tell somebody how to express theirselves?"
1997 - Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album
2000 - We Still Crunk!!
2001 - Put Yo Hood Up
2002 - Kings of Crunk
2004 - Crunk Juice
2008 - Crunk Rock
2002: "Get Low" (featuring The East Side Boyz and Ying Yang Twins)
2003: "Play No Games" (featuring Fat Joe, Trick Daddy & Big Sam)
2003: "I Don't Give a Fuck" (featuring Mystikal & Krayzie Bone)
2004: "What U Gon' Do" (featuring Lil' Scrappy)
2004: "Real Nigga Roll Call" (featuring Ice Cube)
2006: "Snap Yo Fingers" (featuring E-40 & Sean P of The YoungBloodz)
2006: "Act a Fool" (featuring Three 6 Mafia)
2007: "I'm a J" (featuring Gucci Mane and Fabo)
Image source : music.download.com
Lil Jon Lists