Lauriane Gillieron was born on July 25, 1984 in Lausanne, Switzerland. She is a famous Swiss top model.
Biography and Career :
Lauriane Gillieron grew up in Prilly, a small town of 10000 inhabitants where her father is mayor. She is the eldest of four children.
She completed her education with a Law degree and wants to attend an acting school enabling her to become both an actress and have a career in Law.
She enjoys all sorts of dance and was second in the Swiss Latin Dance Championships in 2002 and 2003.
Lauriane Gillieron was crowned Miss Suisse 2005 on September 21, 2005 and she is the first woman from the French-speaking part of the country that won this title for the first time in 11 years.
She won hands down after television viewers were allowed for the firs
t time in the competition's history to have the final vote on who was the prettiest woman in Switzerland.
Lauriane Gillieron competed in the "Miss World 2005" contest held in Sanya, China and she was a strong contender from the Northrend Europe zone but did not place.
Lauriane went to the "Miss Universe 2006" contest which took place in Los Angeles, California on July 23, 2006 as one of the favorites and most experienced misses and she was placed second.
- "Be Natural."
- She described herself as being "caring, ambitious and reliable".
- Her message to all the other Miss World contestants was "We are not only competitors; we have to build something together."
- "It is realy incredible. One has much, much to do. Before winning the title, I was another simple student. Now my life has totally changed - a beautifull life."
- "I want to show the entire world the very feminine side of me."
- Her measurements are 85-60-91 and height 170 cm.
- She is a big fan of the Miss Suisse pageant.
- Her hobbies are cinema, reading, travelling, swimming, aerobics, listening to R&B and Hip Hop music.
- Her favourite foods are salads and pasta and has a carving for candies.
- Her favourite film is "The Village".
- Her favourite singer is Whitney Houston.
- Her favourite book is "Le Grand Voyage" by Jeoiges Sewpium.
- She expresses her love to her family and friends by sending SMS messages.
- She has two cats and a rabbit.
- She is a vegetarian since the age of 7.
- She speaks French, German, English and Italian.
Lauriane Gillieron Image : missschweiz.ch
Lauriane Gillieron Lists