Laura Pausini was born on May 16, 1974 in Solarolo, province of Ravenna, Italy and she is an Italian pop singer who is popular in her country and other Latin countries, famed for her soulful voice, her romantic ballads and love songs, though she has also dealt with other subjects such as poverty, war, and racism, among other social issues. Laura Pausini height: 5'6.5''/169 cm.
Biography and Career :
Laura Pausini attended the Liceo Artistico di Faenza, an Italian high school, she left there formed at the age 18 (she left it with average 36, the maximum is 40), she had already won the San Remo Festival'93, and Laura was to Milan, where she's living until today.
Laura Pausini was born under the Taurus sign, she recognizes herself as a really one, ' I'm obstinate and very jal
ousie ', besides being romantic ' Can I hide that? People say that I'm romantic as my songs, but I don't get to be different ...' . And Laura has a special reason to so much romanticism, she is passionate and fiancee of Alfredo Cerruti Jr. (five years older than Laura), he's also her manager, ' he is everything to me ', she says. They are living together in Milan.
In 1993, Laura Pausini's career was launched when she won the prestigious Italian San Remo Music Festival with one of her best known songs, "La Solitudine". The song also has an English version with lyrics written by Broadway composer Tim Rice.
In 1994, Laura Pausini released her first Spanish album, named "Laura Pausini", a compilation of adapted versions in this language from her first two Italian CDs, Laura Pausini and Laura. The album was so successful that made her a household name in the Hispanic and Latin world.
In 1999 Laura Pausini recorded a song titled "One More Time" written by Richard Marx for the sountrack of the hollywood movie "Message in a Bottle" (with Kevin Costner and Paul Newman).
In 2000 Laura Pausini participated with the theme "The Extra Mile" for the soundtrack of the movie "Pokemon 2000: The Power of One".
In October 2001, Laura Pausini released her first Best Of... compilation, raising her total albums sold figure to more than 20 million copies. In November 2002, she released her first English album, From the Inside, whose first single, "Surrender," has made Laura a staple on American
Laura Pausini released her first full album in English, From the Inside with Atlantic Records in 2002, working with producer Patrick Leonard, among others.
Pausini has sold over 26 million records and has over 160 Platinum Albums and one Diamond Album.
Laura Pausini has made records in Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English, and recently a duet in French.
- I Sogni Di Laura (Italian) - 1987
- Laura Pausini (Italian) - 1993
- Laura (Italian) - 1994
- Laura Pausini (Spanish) - 1994
- Le Cose Che Vivi (Italian) - 1996
- Las Cosas Que Vives (Spanish) - 1996
- Tudo o que eu Vivo (Portuguese) - 1996
- La Mia Risposta (Italian) - 1998
- Mi Respuesta (Spanish) - 1998
- Tra Te E Il Mare (Italian) - 2000
- Entre Tu y Mil Mares (Spanish) - 2000
- The Best Of Laura Pausini: E Ritorno Da Te (Italian) - 2001
- Lo Mejor De Laura Pausini: Volvere Junto A Ti (Spanish) - 2001
- From the Inside (English) - 2002
- Resta in Ascolto (Italian) - 2004
- Escucha (Spanish) - 2004
- "I have to admit, in the end, I like to surrender to someone; the person I love."
- Speaks Italian, Spanish, and English
- Studied English in California
- She wrote her song "Jenny", who deals with an guardian angel, after sawing City of Angels (1998) with Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan
- Laura Pausini won the Italian Musical Festival of San Remo in 1993 with the song "La Solitudine". Then, her first album was published.
- She recorded a duet with Gilberto Gil included in her album "The best Of Laura Pausini", the song "Cuando se ama"
- Laura Pausini recorded a duet with Spanish singer Jose 'El Frances', a song titled "Dime" which is included in her album "Lo mejor de Laura Pausini" (Spanish version)
Laura Pausini Lists