Lance Armstrong (birth name Lance Edward Gunderson) was born on September 18, 1971 in United States. He is a former professional road racing cyclist.
Biography and Career :
In 1984 he won Iron Kids Triathlon. He became one of the most famous athletes in the history and in 1999 received the ABC's Wide World of Sports Athlete of the Year award. Four years consecutively he was chosen Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year, between 2002 and 2005.
Other awards he had received are ESPN's ESPY Award for Best Male Athlete in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 and the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality Award in 2003. All these awards can't show nothing but something: how talented he is and how hard had he worked to become who he is today.
On May 8, 1998 he married
Kristin Richard. They have three children: Luke David, Isabelle Rose and Grace Elizabeth and in November 2003 got divorced. He was the winner of Tour De France seven times and is the only person to achieve this, between 1999 and 2005. Fans all over the world encourage him and support their idol but now he is retired. No one can forget his achievements and he had already entered history.
- Height: 174 cm
- His nickname is Tour de Lance.
- In 2002 he was elected Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year.
- Tyler Hamilton is one of his close friends.
- Untitled Lance Armstrong Project (2009).
- "Pain is temporary, it may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
- "A boo is a lot louder than a cheer, if you have 10 people cheering and one person booing all you hear is the booing."
- "Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight."
Lance Armstrong's Dates :
Kristin Armstrong (1998 - 2003)
Sheryl Crow (2004 - 2006)
Tory Burch (2007)
Ashley Olsen (2007 - now)
Lance Armstrong Image : wikimedia.org
Lance Armstrong News
Lance Armstrong Lists