Kevin Spacey (birth name Kevin Spacey Fowler) was born on July 26, 1959 in South Orange, New Jersey, USA. He is an Academy Award-winning American actor (film and stage) and director.
Biography and Career :
He is the son of Kathleen A, a secretary, and Thomas Geoffrey Fowler, a technical writer and he has two older siblings: a sister, Julie, and a brother, Randy. Because his father was a member of American Nazi Party the family had to move often for a place to another looking for a new job.
He attended Northridge Military Academy but after a conflict with a mate he had to move to another school and went to Chatsworth High School in Chatsworth, California. After he debuted on stage in the high school he tried to be for several years a stand-up comedian and in 1979 started to
study drama at Juilliard School in New York City
from where he graduated in 1981.
His first professional stage appearance was as a messenger in a New York Shakespeare
Festival performance of Henry VI, part 1 in 1981. He debuted in television in "Crime Story" and soon after this his interest in film increased and appeared in many movies like: "L.A. Law", "The Murder of Mary Phagan", "See No Evil", "Hear No Evil", "Wiseguy", "The Ref", "Swimming with Sharks" and "Glengarry Glen Ross".
1995 was a great year for him because he played in good movies like "Se7en" and "The usual suspects" which brought him an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. In 1999 he won a Best Actor Oscar Award for his performance in "American Beauty". He also obtained good roles in "21" and "Superman returns". In 2003 he became the artistic director of "Old Vic" one of the oldest theatres in London.
- Height: 179cm
- He has a Labrador dog called Legacy.
- He owns a Mini Cooper.
- He is born in the same day with other stars like Sandra Bullock
, Kate Beckinsale
, Jeremy Piven
, Stanley Kubrick and Mick Jagger
- "If I'm sick of me, I can only imagine how other people feel."
- "Success is like death. The more successful you become, the higher the houses in the hills get and the higher the fences get."
- "I was beginning to feel I just didn't want to go through another 10 years of living in hotels, making three or four movies a year. I long for the ritual of theater. I adore it. And I want to do plays that challenge me."
- Recount (2008) (TV)
- Telstar (2008)
- 21 (2008)
- Fred Claus (2007)
- Superman Returns (2006)
- Edison (2005)
- Beyond the Sea (2004)
- The Life of David Gale (2003)
- The United States of Leland (2003)
- "Freedom: A History of Us" (6 episodes, 2003)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)
- The Tower of Babble (2002) (voice) (uncredited)
- The Shipping News (2001)
- K-PAX (2001)
- Pay It Forward (2000)
- Ordinary Decent Criminal (2000)
- The Big Kahuna (1999)
- American Beauty (1999)
- A Bug's Life (1998) (voice)
- Hurlyburly (1998)
- The Negotiator (1998)
- It's Tough to Be a Bug (1998) (voice)
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997)
- L.A. Confidential (1997)
- "Saturday Night Live" (1 episode, 1997)
- A Time to Kill (1996)
- Se7en (1995)
- Outbreak (1995)
- The Usual Suspects (1995)
- Swimming with Sharks (1994)
- Doomsday Gun (1994) (TV)
- The Ref (1994)
- Iron Will (1994)
- "Tribeca" (1 episode, 1993)
- Consenting Adults (1992)
- Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)
- "L.A. Law" (1 episode, 1992)
- Darrow (1991) (TV)
- When You Remember Me (1990) (TV)
- Henry & June (1990)
- A Show of Force (1990)
- Fall from Grace (1990) (TV)
- Dad (1989)
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
- "Unsub" (1 episode, 1989)
- Working Girl (1988)
- Rocket Gibraltar (1988)
- "Wiseguy" (8 episodes, 1988)
- The Murder of Mary Phagan (1988)
- "Crime Story" (1 episode, 1987)
- Long Day's Journey Into Night (1987) (TV)
- "The Equalizer" (1 episode, 1987)
- Heartburn (1986).
Kevin Spacey Lists