Kelsey Grammer (birth name Allen Kelsey Grammer) was born on February 21, 1955 in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. He is a six-time Emmy and a two-time Golden Globe-winning American actor best known for his two-decade portrayal of psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane in the NBC sitcoms Cheers (nine years) and Frasier (eleven years).
Biography and Career :
He is the son of Sally Granmer, a singer, and Frank Allen Grammer, Jr., a bar owner and musician. When he was very young his parents divorced and he was raised most of the time in New Jersey by his grandparents Evangeline Dimmock and Gordon Cranmer.
His early life was full of dramas after her father was killed, his sister was raped and murdered and his twin half-brothers were killed in a scuba-diving accident. He started his car
eer in theatre at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego and after this experience he moved in New York
where he debuted on Broadway in 1981 in "Macbeth".
In 1982 he appeared in "Sunday in the Morning with George" and in "Othello". His debut in television happened in 1980 in NBC mini-series "Kennedy" His fame increased when Kelsey obtained the role of Dr. Frasier Crane in the TV sitcom "Cheers".
He won a lot of Golden Globes and Emmy Awards and he became the first American actor ever to be nominated for multiple Emmy awards for portraying the same character on three different television shows (Cheers, Frasier, and Wings). He also used his voice in animated movies like: "The Simpsons", "Toy Story 2", "Anastasia", "Bartok the Magnificent" and "Gary the Rat". After this he returned in television and appeared in: "The Sketch Show", "Medium", "Girlfriends" and "The Game". In 2001 he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Height: 185cm
- He was married for three times and he has three children.
- He attended high school at Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
, one of the most prestigious high schools in the country.
- "Life is supposed to get tough."
- "I lost a lot of stuff when Karen died. It took about a year to get back to even thinking that there might be a reason to go on."
- "I consider myself a centrist, I suppose, but I basically believe in trying to preserve as much opportunity for the individual, as long as that individual chooses to work as hard as he can."
- Swing Vote (2008)
- "The Simpsons" (10 episodes, 1990-2007)
- "Back to You" (7 episodes, 2007)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- "Father of the Pride" (1 episode, 2005)
- The Good Humor Man (2005)
- "Kelsey Grammer Presents: The Sketch Show" (2005)
- A Christmas Carol (2004) (TV)
- "Frasier" (263 episodes, 1993-2004)
- Frasier: Analyzing the Laughter (2004) (TV)
- Teacher's Pet (2004) (voice)
- Barbie of Swan Lake (2003) (V) (voice)
- The Big Empty (2003)
- Benedict Arnold: A Question of Honor (2003) (TV)
- Mr. St. Nick (2002) (TV) .
- Just Visiting (2001) (voice) (uncredited)
- 15 Minutes (2001)
- The Sports Pages (2001) (TV)
- "Stark Raving Mad" (1 episode, 2000)
- Gary the Rat (2000) (V) (voice)
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas (1999) (V) (voice)
- Bartok the Magnificent (1999) (V) (voice)
- Toy Story 2 (1999) (voice)
- Animal Farm (1999) (TV) (voice)
- Standing on Fishes (1999)
- New Jersey Turnpikes (1999)
- The Real Howard Spitz (1998)
- The Pentagon Wars (1998) (TV)
- Anastasia (1997) (voice)
- "Fired Up" (2 episodes, 1997)
- London Suite (1996) (TV)
- Down Periscope (1996)
- "The John Larroquette Show" (1 episode, 1995)
- The Innocent (1994) (TV)
- Beyond Suspicion (1993) (TV)
- "Cheers" (201 episodes, 1984-1993)
- "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1 episode, 1992)
- "Wings" (1 episode, 1992)
- Galaxies Are Colliding (1992) .... Peter
- "The Tracey Ullman Show" (1 episode, 1990)
- "227" (1 episode, 1989)
- Top of the Hill (1989) (TV)
- Dance 'Til Dawn (1988) (TV)
- Mickey's 60th Birthday (1988) (TV) .
- "J.J. Starbuck" (1 episode, 1987)
- "Biography" .... George Washington (1 episode)
- "Crossings" (1986) (mini) TV mini-series
- "Another World" (1964) TV series
- "George Washington" (1984) (mini) TV mini-series
- "Kennedy" (1983) (mini) TV mini-series
- Macbeth (1982/I) (TV).
Kelsey Grammer Image : tv.yahoo.com
Kelsey Grammer News
Kelsey Grammer Lists