Kelly Macdonald was born on February 23, 1976 in Glasgow
, Scotland, UK. She is an Emmy Award-winning Scottish actress.
Biography and Career :
Her mother, a garment industry sales executive divorced by Kelly's father when she was just a few years old so, she and her younger brother were raised by their mother. Because their material situation they had to move many times from place to place.
Kelly attended Eastwood High School and at seventeen years old she left her home and moved with a friend. She took a modern course in modern studies but she quit. She also wanted to attend a drama school but never did because she thought that was to shy for that.
Her career started in 1996 with a role in a very good mo
vie: "Trainspotting". After this she had other roles like: a reporter in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", an actress playing Peter Pan in "Finding Neverland" and a big role in Robert Altman's English period piece Gosford Park, where she played a maid.
On television she appeared in "State of Play" and in "The Girl in the Cafe" for which she was nominated in 2006 for a Golden Globe and also won an Emmy Award.
- She is married with Dougie Payne from 2003 and in march 2008 they wait for a child.
- Her measurements are 34B-23-36.
- "I was a nervous wreck for two or three months... I didn't expect it to go anywhere afterward. I wanted it to but I thought I was still going to go to drama school after that."
- "We hit it off straight away. I just knew."
- Choke (2008)
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- A Cock and Bull Story (2006)
- Nanny McPhee (2005)
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)
- The Girl in the Cafe (2005)
- Finding Neverland (2004)
- Intermission (2003)
- Gosford Park (2001)
- Some Voices (2000)
- Splendor (1999)
- Elizabeth (1998)
- Stella Does Tricks (1996)
- Trainspotting (1996).
Kelly Macdonald Image : about.com
Kelly Macdonald Lists