Keith Urban (birth name Richard Keith Urbanski) was born on October 26, 1967 in Whangarei, North Island, New Zealand
. He is an Australian Grammy Award winning, country music singer.
Biography and Career :
He grew up for a while in Whangarei but his family moved after some time in Caboolture, Queensland, Australia
. He was just six years old when he decided that music would be his occupation and he started to learn the techniques. After only two years, at the age of eight he started to win contests against young musicians.
When he was fifteen years old he abandoned school and he started to sing in local clubs with his band. I
n 1990 he signed his first professional contract with a records label and his first album appeared at EMI.
In 1992 he moved in Nashville, Tennessee and he started to work as a guitarist in Brooks & Dunn. After a short time he founded a three men group called "The Ranch" which made an album in 1997 but after one year, in 1998 Urban disbanded the group and started a solo career.
During this time in Nashville he became a cocaine user and after some problems he decided to give up and went to Cumberland Heights, a treatment center in Nashville. In 1999 it appeared her first solo album which was a success and made him the Top New Male Vocalist Award at the 2001 Academy of Country Music.
In 2002 Urban produced his second album "Golden Road" and the single "Somebody like you" put him again in the spotlights. On Monday August 21, 2006, Urban made history when his new single "Once in a Lifetime" debuted at #17, setting a new record for the highest-debuting country single in the 62-year history of Billboard's country charts.
During his career Urban sang with great artists like Charlie Daniels, Emerson Drive, Garth Brooks
' Double Live, Dixie Chicks
' Fly, Paul Brandt's This Time Around and Bryan Adams.
- Height: 178cm
- He is married from June 2006 with Nicole Kidman.
- His trademark is a monkey holding a guitar above its head.
- He appeared in the April 2001 edition of Playgirl.
- "Music is like air to me. It's like breathing."
- "I have this need to keep country being perceived as a cool genre and a broad genre. I really think that country is a genre as big as rock and roll. I would love to get to the point where someone asks, 'What kind of music do you play?' I say, 'Country.' And they say, 'Great. What kind?'"
- "A huge part of my confidence came from audience reaction. I'd had that throughout my life, but when I got to Nashville I realized that I didn't know who I was offstage. I hadn't spent a lot of time with that guy, and I didn't like him very much. I found him geeky and a nerd. He was schizo and unorganized. The guy onstage was focused, with everything centered. The guy offstage was just a wreck."
- "It makes me feel a bit naked and vulnerable, but I think that's part of being true to yourself and committing to your music. It's therapeutic too going to the studio everyday is like lying on a therapist couch."
1991 - Keith Urban (AUS only release)
1997 - The Ranch
1999 - Keith Urban
2002 - Golden Road
2004 - Keith Urban in the ranch
2004 - Be Here
2005 - Days Go By
2006 - Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing.
Keith Urban's Dates :
Niki Taylor (2002)
Nicole Kidman (2005)
Keith Urban Image : uni.edu
Keith Urban News
Keith Urban Lists