Katie Couric was born on January 7, 1957 in Arlington, Virginia, USA. She is an American journalist who became well-known as co-host of NBC's Today.
Biography and Career :
She is the daughter of Elinor Hene, a homemaker and part-time writer, and John Martin Couric Jr., a journalist at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the United Press in Washington, D.C. Couric's father was Episcopalian and her mother was Jewish. As a teenager she attended Jamestown Elementary, Williamsburg Junior High, and Yorktown High School, in Arlington Virginia. In 1975 she attended University of Virginia and four years later she graduated successfully. In the college he was a Delta Delta Delta sorority member.
After the graduation she was hired to ABC News Bureau in Washington as a desk assistant
and soon after this she joined CNN as an assignment editor. After she was general-assignment reporter for WTVJ in Miami, Florida
she returned in Washington and became reporter for WRC-TV, an NBC station in Washington. For this work she was awarded with an Emmy Award and an Associated Press award.
In 1989 she moved at NBC News as Deputy Pentagon Correspondent. Between 1989 and 1991 was the substitute of big journalist like Bryant Gumbel, Jane Pauley, Deborah Norville, and Maria Shriver during their absence. Between 1991 and 2006 worked for "Today" and she hosted and worked to a lot of specials news like: "Everybody's Business: America's Children" in 1995, "Legend to Legend Night: A Celebrity Cavalcade" in 1993, and "Harry Potter: Behind the Magic in 2001".
On April 5, 2006 Katie made a surprising announcement: "I wanted to tell all of you out there ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ that after listening to my heart and my gut, two things that have served me pretty well in the past, I will be leaving Today at the end of May." she said. "I really feel as if we've become friends through the years". Also Katie is involved in other activities like fighting against colon cancer and she was awarded for her work in 2001 with a George Foster Peabody award.
- Height: 156cm
- She had an older sister senator Emily Couric who died in 2001 by pancreatic cancer.
- She was a high school cheerleader.
- She is seventh cousin of Lance Armstrong
, Hilary Duff
and Haylie Duff
- "I could announce one morning that the world was going to blow up in three hours and people would be calling in about my hair!"
- "I never quite appreciated how hard it was for someone reeling from recent tragedy to put their heartache aside and appear on television. I never quite appreciated it until it was my turn."
- Shark Tale (2004) (voice)
- "Freedom: A History of Us" (16 episodes, 2003)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002).
Katie Couric's Dates :
John Paul Monahan III (1989 - 1998)
Carroll Lesesne (1999 - 2000)
Tom Werner (2000 - 2004)
Chris Botti (2005)
Jimmy Reyes (2006)
Katie Couric Image : eonline.com
Katie Couric News
Katie Couric Lists