Katherine Moennig (birth name Katherine Sian Moennig) was born on December 29, 1977 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. She is an American actress known for her role as Shane McCutcheon on The L Word.
Biography and Career :
She is the daughter of a violin maker and her mother, a Broadway dancer. She started her acting career when she was just ten years old in a children theatre workshop in the play "Winnie the Pooh". At the age of eighteen she moved in New York
and she attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and also started a model career.
After some performances on small stages she got the lead role in Our Lady Peace video "Is Anybody Home?". Her first major role was in Young Americans where she p
layed Jacqueline "Jake" Pratt, a girl who enters the Rawley Boys Academy by passing as a boy.
In 1999 she was auditioned for the lead role in "Boys don't cry" but the role was obtained by Hillary Swank
. Because of this role and some other lesbians' roles in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (episode "Fallacy") or "the L word" there were some rumors about her sexual orientation but she declared that she is a heterosexual. On April 12, 2006 she made her debut on Broadway in "Guardians", by Peter Morris. She also had a small role in 2006 in "Art School Confidential"
- Height: 169cm
- Her trademark is her deep husky voice.
- She has German and Irish
- She is the cousin of Gwyneth Paltrow
- "My biggest challenge is trust, and really believing that trust, in letting things just happen personally and professionally and trust with myself. But I'm getting better at it."
- "It's scary how well we all got along. It was this family that was formed in matter of six weeks while filming the pilot."
- "The clothes are comfortable...but on a deeper level I learned that the competition between boys and girls isn't as strong as between women."
- Remorse (2008) (pre-production)
- Art School Confidential (2006)
- Invitation to a Suicide (2004)
- "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1 episode, 2003)
- The Shipping News (2001)
- "Law & Order" (1 episode, 2001)
- Love the Hard Way (2001)
- Slo-Mo (2001)
- "Young Americans" (8 episodes, 2000)
- The Ice People (2000).
Katherine Moennig Image : tv.yahoo.com
Katherine Moennig News
Katherine Moennig Lists
Katherine Moennig Pictures