Katharine McPhee was born on March 25, 1984 in Los Angeles
, California, USA. She is an American pop music singer and actress who was the runner-up to Taylor Hicks
on the fifth season of American Idol in 2006.
Biography and Career :
She is the daughter of Daniel McPhee, a television producer and Patricia Burch McPhee (stage name Peisha Arten), a vocal coach and accomplished cabaret singer. She started to sing when she was just two years old and her mother saw that she was very skilled and she encouraged her to become a singer.
After she graduated from Notre Dame High School she attended the classes of Boston Conservatory. After one
semester she decided to make a trip to San Francisco to participate to the big conquest American Idol. There she had a very good performance and the jury was very impressed by her stunning rendition of Billie Holiday's "God Bless the Child".
She also made a duet during the final with Meat Loaf and they sang "It's All Coming Back To Me Now". After the American Idol she signed a contract with RCA Records and on the 17th of june 2006 she produced her first single "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/My Destiny" which was very appreciated. In 2007 appeared her debut album and there were sold over 116,000 copies in the first week.
- Height: 173cm
- Her trademark is her flawless voice and curly hair.
- In the final of American Idol she won a black Ford Mustang.
- She has a Chihuahua named Nina.
- She released an album named "Katharine McPhee".
- "I don't need sad faces or anyone to feel bad for me. I have got a record deal, pretty much. It wasn't about winning the title, I just wanted to give the best performance I could."
- "When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food - my eating disorder - was the one thing really holding me back. I was binging my whole life away for days at a time. So when I got on the show, I said, 'You know what? I can do well in this competition. Let me give myself a chance and just get a hold of this thing.' . . . That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food."
- The Last Caller (2009)
- Success (2008)
- I Know What Boys Like (2008)
- Crazy (2007/I)
- "Lonelygirl15" (1 episode, 2007)
- Lonelygirl15 (As Random Girl; Guest-Star Role) (2007)
- Ugly Betty (As Herself; Guest Star Role) (2007).
Katharine McPhee Image : tv.yahoo.com
Katharine McPhee News
Katharine McPhee Lists
Katharine McPhee Pictures