Kate Bush (birth name Catherine Bush) was born on July 30, 1958 in Erith, Kent, England, UK. She is an English singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer.
Biography and Career :
She is the daughter of Robert and Hannah Bush, a doctor and a nurse by profession, although Kate's father was a skilled pianist and her mother was a prize-winning dancer. Kate started playing piano when she was just six years old and in the years when she was a teenager she composed over two hundred songs.
Her talent was noticed by David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and he helped her to sign at the age of sixteen a contract with the famous label EMI. Her first single, produced in 1978, "Wuthering Heights" became in a short time number one in UK charts.
In 1985 the video "Cloudbusting", with th
e appearance of Donald Sutherland, was very appreciated by the critics. Another one in the same year, 1985, "Hounds of Love", was a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock. In 1994 she released a short movie called "The Line, the Cross & the Curve" in which she used five songs from her 1993 album "The red shoes".
After her success
in music Kate started to be interested by film too, and she produced her own video.
Totally she made eight albums and three of them were very appreciated and staid for a long time in first positions on UK charts. The most appreciated singles were: "Running Up That Hill", "King of the Mountain", "Babooshka", "The Man with the Child in His Eyes", and "Don't Give Up".
- Height: 160cm
- She has two brothers: Paddy Bush and John Carder Bush.
- She designed and invented a wireless microphone headset.
- In 1998 she gave birth to a boy named Albert (Bertie).
- In 2002 she won Q Classic Songwriter Award.
- She is a vegetarian.
- "I have been genuinely touched by the sense of anticipation I've felt from people. I feel really privileged that people have been waiting."
- "When I'm writing I've been playing something for a couple of hours and I'm almost in a trance. At two or three in the morning you can actually see bits of inspiration floating about and grab them."
- "I am a private person, but I don't think I'm obsessively so. It's more that I choose to try and have as normal a life as possible. I don't like to live in the glare of publicity."
- "I'm very opinionated. I'm so fussy and picky. What's good is that I know what I want. It's when you don't know what you want when you're in trouble."
Studio Albums :
- The Kick Inside (1978)
- Lionheart (1978)
- Never for Ever (1980)
- The Dreaming (1982)
- Hounds of Love (1985)
- The Sensual World (1989)
- The Red Shoes (1993)
- Aerial (2005).
- The Single File (1983) Box-set
- The Whole Story (1986)
- This Woman's Work (1990) Box-set.
Other Releases :
- The Single File (1983) Video
- The Whole Story (1986) Video
- This Woman's Work (1990) Video
- Live at the Hammersmith Odeon (1994) CD and video box-set.
Kate Bush Image : lyricsystem.com
Kate Bush Lists