Kate Bosworth (birth name Catherine Ann Bosworth) was born on January 2, 1983 in Los Angeles
, California, USA. She is a popular young actress from Hollywood.
Biography and Career :
She spent her childhood moving from an American city to another and live for a few years in San Francisco, Connecticut and Massachusetts. After singing at county fairs in California and acting in a community theatre production of "Annie" she started her acting career in 1999 when she attended the open audition in New York
for the Robert Redford
film "The Horse Whisperer".
In 2000 she w
as accepted at Princeton University. After this she took a 18 months break and in 2000 she returned on the big screens in roles in the movie "The Newcomers" and Denzel Washington
movie "Remember the Titans".
Her first major role was in 2002's surfing movie "Blue Crush" which had a lot of success. After this she continued with good roles in "The Rules of Attraction" and a darker turn in "Wonderland" opposite Val Kilmer, where she played the teenage girlfriend of legendary porn star John Holmes.
After some small roles between 2002 and 2005 she was chosen to play Lois Lane in "Superman Returns". She was also in plans to play with her boyfriend Orlando Bloom
in "Seasons of Dust" but the movies wasn't released no more after they broke up their relationship. After this she played in the psychological drama called The Girl in the Park with Sigourney Weaver
, Alessandro Nivola and Keri Russell
. She was and still is involved in a lot of non profit activities and is a member of Appalachia Service Project.
- Height: 165cm
- Her trademark is her two different colors: Brown and Blue eyes.
- She has two cats, Louise and Dusty.
- She is a champion equestrian.
- She speaks fluent Spanish.
- "Just being comfortable in my own skin, and with the body that I have, was nice."
- "There are girls, people in the industry who just kind of flip through magazines and pick out guys, like, "I'm gonna date him". I could never do that. I don't think being set up works. I'm big into fate"
- "I think probably trying to please too many people. Sometimes I get so caught up in making other people happy that I just sort of forget about making myself happy and you obviously need to make yourself happy"
- "I don't really get star-struck, but I do get talent struck. If I meet somebody that I think is just wildly talented and brilliant, that's when I start getting nervous".
- After.Life (2008) (pre-production)
- Veronika Decides to Die (2008) (pre-production)
- Laundry Warrior (2008) (filming)
- 21 (2008) (post-production)
- The Girl in the Park (2007)
- Superman Returns (2006)
- Bee Season (2005)
- Beyond the Sea (2004)
- Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004)
- Advantage Hart (2003)
- Wonderland (2003)
- The Rules of Attraction (2002)
- Blue Crush (2002)
- Remember the Titans (2000)
- "Young Americans"
- The Newcomers (2000)
- The Horse Whisperer (1998)
- "7th Heaven" (2 episodes) (1997).
Kate Bosworth's Dates :
Matt Czuchry (2000 - 2002)
Orlando Bloom (2003 - 2006)
James Rousseau (2006 - now)
Kate Bosworth Image : smh.com.au
Kate Bosworth Lists