Kate Beckinsale was born on July 26, 1976 in London, England, United Kingdom. She is a popular English actress known for her roles in the films Pearl Harbor (2001), Van Helsing (2004), and Underworld (2003).
Biography and Career :
Kate is the daughter of Judy Loe, a stage and television actress, and Richard Beckinsale, a television actor who died in 1979 at the age of 31. She attended Godolphin and Latymer School and won two times an award for the best young writer.
She made her television debut in 1991 in a drama called "One Against the Wind". In the same year she left her home for Oxford University's New College, where she majored in French and Russian literature. She knew that she wants to be a famous actress but she didn't want to choose a drama school.
Her first big
screen role was in Shakespeare
's adapted play called Much Ado About Nothing. She spent her last year of study in Paris
and after this she started to concentrate on her acting career.
In 1996 appeared in made-for-television movie Emma made after Jane's Austin's book. After this she had some small roles in movies like "Shooting Fish" "The Last Days of Disco" and "Cold Comfort Farm". Her first successful American role was in 2001 in "Pearl Harbor" and after this she had a lot of roles in big budget movies like: Serendipity (2001), Underworld (2003) Van Helsing (2004), The Aviator (2004) and Underworld: Evolution(2006).
- Height: 173cm
- From 2004 she is married with Len Wiseman.
- She has a daughter with the welsh actor Michael Sheen.
- She suffers from stomach ulcer.
- She shares her birthday with Sandra Bullock
, Kevin Spacey
and Jeremy Piven
- "I dropped out of Oxford, and now I only speak Russian with the woman who gives me a bikini wax. See what Hollywood does to you?"
- "I think, at 19, I was very grown-up in certain ways and extremely not so in others. If I had come on to a movie set at that age and someone had said, 'You're a bit funny-looking, can you go on a diet?' - I might have jumped off a building. I just didn't have the confidence to put that into perspective at the time."
- "It's the only time my education has come in remotely handy." -on using her Russian literature studies for copying her "Van Helsing" script into Russian to acquire a Slavic accent.
- "If someone had told me years ago that sharing a sense of humor was so vital to partnerships, I could have avoided a lot of sex!"
- "No one is more enslaved than a slave who doesn't think they're enslaved."
- Nothing But the Truth (2008) (post-production)
- Whiteout (2008/II) (post-production)
- Winged Creatures (2008) (post-production)
- Vacancy (2007)
- Snow Angels (2007)
- Click (2006/I)
- Underworld: Evolution (2006)
- The Aviator (2004)
- Van Helsing (2004)
- Tiptoes (2003)
- Underworld (2003)
- Laurel Canyon (2002)
- Serendipity (2001)
- Pearl Harbor (2001)
- The Golden Bowl (2000)
- Brokedown Palace (1999)
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (1998) (TV)
- The Last Days of Disco (1998)
- Shooting Fish (1997)
- Emma (1996) (TV)
- Haunted (1995)
- Marie-Louise ou la permission (1995)
- Cold Comfort Farm (1995) (TV)
- Prince of Jutland (1994)
- Uncovered (1994)
- Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
- Anna Lee: Headcase (1993) (TV)
- Rachel's Dream (1992) (TV)
- One Against the Wind (1991) (TV).
Kate Beckinsale's Dates :
Edmund Moriarty (1992)
Michael Sheen (1995 - 2003)
Len Wiseman (2004 - now)
Kate Beckinsale Image : leninimports.com
Kate Beckinsale News
Kate Beckinsale Lists