Kasey Chambers was born on the on June 4, 1976 in Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia
. She is a popular singer.
Biography and Career :
She grew up in Nullarbor Plain, South Australia an arid place where her parents and their family had a hard life. For survive, they hunted foxes and rabbits. In 1986 Kasey with her mother Dianne, her father Bill and her brother Nash founded a country band called "The Dead Ringer Band" which was pretty successful and even succeeded to won two ARIA Awards, the equivalent of American Grammy Awards and seven Golden Guitars Awards.
In 1992 they made a song for Slim Dusty, "Things Just Aren't the Same on the Land" which won the best country song award. Their first album ap
peared in 1993, called "Red Desert Sky" and it was produced by Import Records.
After this they recorded two other albums Living in the Circle in 1997 and Hopeville in 1998 and soon after the last they disband and Kasey moved in Norfolk Island. After only one year she started to sing alone and she made her first album "The Captain" produced by her brother Nash and she won another ARIA Award. One of the songs was played in an episode of The Sopranos.
In 2001 appeared her second album called "Barricades & Brickwalls" and the single "Not Pretty Enough" was for some time number one in ARIA charts. On May 31, 2004 Kasey announced the appearance of her third album called "Wayward Angel". In 2006 after the terrible tzsunami in south Asia she appeared at the Wave Aid fundraising concert in Sydney to rising founds.
- She plays guitar and keyboard.
- She is married with the producer Cori Hopper.
- She has two sons: Talon Jordi Hopper and Arlo Ray Nicholson.
- "I really don't consider myself to be a crossover artist because the way I approach music hasn't really changed. When you think about it -- it's the audiences who are crossing over."
- "I didn't set out with big dreams to ride the charts or play to packed venues or anything like that. I thought, even if I just get to play my music in little pubs my whole life -- I'll be really happy."
1999 - The Captain
2001 - Barricades & Brickwalls
2004 - Wayward Angel
2006 - Carnival.
Kasey Chambers Image : cmt.com
Kasey Chambers Lists