Karisma Kapoor was born on June 25, 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
. She is a National Film Award-winning popular Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films.
Biography and Career :
She is the first daughter of Sindhi-speaking Babita (nee Shivdasani) and Punjabi-speaking Randhir Kapoor. In her family acting was a tradition from her paternal great-grandfather, Prithviraj Kapoor; her grandfather, Raj Kapoor; her paternal uncles, Shammi, Shashi, Rishi, and Rajiv; as well as aunt, Neetu Singh, and Jennifer Kendall, the wives of Rishi and Shashi respectively. Also in her mother's family were some great actors like her grandfather, Hari Shivdasani, and aunt, Sadhana.
She started her studies in the Cathedral an
d John Cannon School in Bombay. Her father, Randhir didn't want his daughters to become actresses and because of this he had some disputes with his wife so after some time they divorced and the girls went to live with their mother.
She started her acting career in 1991 when she was just seventeen years old in the movie "Prem Qaidi" where she had as partner the great actor Harish. After this she appeared in other successful Hindi movies like Jigar (1992), Anari (1993), Raja Babu (1994), Coolie No. 1 (1995), Saajan Chale Sasural, and Jeet (both 1996).
Totally she played in over sixty movies and earned ten awards for her roles in "Dil To Pagal Hai", "Raja Hindustani", "Fiza" and "'Zubeidaa". On September 29, 2003 she married with Sanjay Kapur at R.K. Cottage, a place famous for Kapoor family's weddings and she took a break in her career. In 2006 she returned on big screens with "Mere Jeevan Saathi".
- Height: 163cm
- Nickname: Lolo from the Hollywood actress Gina Lollobrigida
- She has a little girl named Samiera born on March 9, 2005 in Bombay, India.
- She dated Ajay Devgan and Abhishek Bachchan
- She is the elder sister of Kareena Kapoor
- "Aishwarya Rai
, Preity Zinta
, Rani Mukherjee
. Give them another six years to prove themselves, and then we'll talk."
- "I have never misused my stardom. I cherish it because I have had to struggle relentlessly to attain my place in the sun."
- Tashan (2008)
- Zamaanat (2007)
- Mere Jeevan Saathi (2006)
- Baaz: A Bird in Danger (2003)
- "Karishma: A Miracle of Destiny" (2003) (mini) TV mini-series
- Rishtey (2002)
- Shakthi: The Power (2002)
- Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya (2002)
- Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love (2001)
- Aashiq (2001)
- Zubeidaa (2001)
- Shikari (2000)
- Fiza (2000)
- Hum To Mohabbat Karega (2000)
- Chal Mere Bhai (2000)
- Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge (2000) (as Karishma Kapoor)
- Jaanwar (1999)
- Haseena Maan Jaayegi (1999)
- Biwi No. 1 (1999)
- Silsila Hai Pyar Ka (1999)
- Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United (1999)
- Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)
- Lahoo Ke Do Rang (1997)
- Hero No. 1 (1997)
- Judwaa (1997)
- Mrityudaata (1997)
- Ajay (1996)
- Raja Hindustani (1996)
- Sapoot (1996)
- Bal Bramhachari (1996)
- Jeet (1996) (as Karishma Kapoor)
- Krishna (1996)
- Megha (1996) (as Karishma Kapoor)
- Papi Gudia (1996)
- Rakshak (1996)
- Saajan Chale Sasural (1996)
- Coolie No. 1 (1995)
- Maidan-E-Jung (1995)
- Jawab (1995)
- Yeh Dillagi (1994) (uncredited)
- Prem Shakti (1994)
- Dulaara (1994)
- Raja Babu (1994) (as Karishma Kapoor)
- Aatish: Feel the Fire (1994) (as Karishma Kapoor)
- Andaz (1994) (as Karishma Kapoor)
- Gopi Kishan (1994)
- Khuddar (1994)
- Dhanwaan (1993) (as Karishma Kapoor) "
- Shaktiman (1993)
- Jigar (1992)
- Sapne Sajan Ke (1992)
- Prem Qaidi (1991).
Karisma Kapoor Image : ia.imdb.com
Karisma Kapoor Lists