Kareena Kapoor (birth name Kareena Randhir Kapoor) was born on September 21, 1977 in Bombay, Maharashtra, India
. She is a very popular Indian actress from Bollywood.
Biography and Career :
She is the second daughter of Sindhi-speaking Babita (nee Shivdasani) and Punjabi-speaking Randhir Kapoor. In her family acting was a tradition from her paternal great-grandfather, Prithviraj Kapoor; her grandfather, Raj Kapoor; her paternal uncles, Shammi, Shashi, Rishi, and Rajiv; as well as aunt, Neetu Singh, and Jennifer Kendall, the wives of Rishi and Shashi respectively. Also in her mother's family were some great actors like her grandfather, Hari Shivdasani, and aunt, Sadhana.
She started her studies at Jamnabai Nars
ee School in Juhu, Bombay and soon after this she transferred at Welham Girls' Boarding School and started to study theatre.
For three months she took a course in Information Technology and Microcomputers at Harvard. Her father, Randhir didn't want his daughters to become actresses and because of this he had some disputes with his wife so after some time they divorced and the girls went to live with their mother.
Kareena was named after Lev Tolstoi
's great novel "Anna Karenina".
She debuted in her first movie in 2000 in "Refugee" and she was appreciated. After this appeared in other 31 Hindi movies and her fame increased so a lot of Hollywood producers wanted her in their movies. In 2004 refused a role in "Pride and Prejudice".
- Height: 165 cm
- Her trademark is her lips.
- She loves horse riding and cooking.
- Karisma Kapoor
is her younger sister.
- Her best friend is fellow actress Amrita Arora.
- She became a vegetarian to keep her weight.
- She ranked number six on "Top Bollywood Actresses" of 2006.
- "Let anyone write what he or she likes. I just want to focus on work. The day I leave, I want the audience to wonder where I've gone. I think I'll give myself five to six years in the industry."
- "Producers are even willing to pay me more than what I ask. But unfortunately, I can't do every film. So I have to turn down offers. At least this way others get work."
- "Life is full of happiness and tears, be strong and have faith."
- Untitled Zoya Akhtar Project (2008)
- Golmaal Returns (2008)
- Lajjo (2008)
- Kambakth Ishq (2009)
- Roadside Romeo (2008)
- Tashan (2008)
- Milenge Milenge (2007)
- Jab We Met (2007)
- Don (2006/I)
- Omkara (2006)
- Chup Chup Ke (2006)
- 36 China Town (2006)
- Dosti: Friends Forever (2005)
- Kyon Ki... (2005)
- Bewafaa (2005) ....
- Hulchul (2004)
- Aitraaz (2004)
- Fida (2004)
- Dev (2004)
- Yuva (2004)
- Chameli (2003)
- LOC: Kargil (2003)
- Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003)
- Khushi (2003)
- Talaash: The Hunt Begins... (2003)
- Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002)
- Mujhse Dosti Karoge! (2002)
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... (2001)
- Ajnabee (2001)
- Asoka (2001)
- Yaadein... (2001)
- Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai (2001)
- Refugee (2000).
Kareena Kapoor Image : aether.mux.net
Kareena Kapoor Lists