Julianne Moore (birth name Julie Anne Smith) was born on December 3, 1960 in Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA. She is an Emmy Award-winning American actress and has been nominated for four Academy Awards.
Biography and Career :
She was the daughter of a social psychiatrist and a military judge and that's why she had a nomadic childhood and lived in several places in United States and Germany. She has a younger sister Valerie and a brother the novelist Peter Moore Smith III.
In 1983 she moved by herself in New York
and after she worked for a little time as a waitress she obtained a role in the soap-opera "As the World Turns". She played between 1985 and 1988 and she won a Daytime Emmy Award for this.
November 21, 1983 married with Sundar Chakravarthy but two years later divorced. Next year she married again with John Gould Rubin but divorced again after nine years. Her last marriage dated from 2003 with the director Bart Freundlich but their couple was made in 1996. They have two children a son, Caleb Freundlich (born December 4, 1997), and a daughter, Liv Helen Freundlich (born April 11, 2002).
In the beginning of the 90's years she started to obtained roles in big screen movies like The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, Benny and Joon, and The Fugitive. The critics' recognition came in 1993 after her role in "Short Cuts".
Between 1993 and 2002 Julianne played in a few movies which won Oscar prizes and had some nominations for Best Actress: Boogie Nights ("Best Supporting Actress" nomination), The End of the Affair ("Best Actress" nomination) and her two 2002 films, Far From Heaven ("Best Actress" nomination) and The Hours ("Best Supporting Actress" nomination).
- Height: 163cm
- Nickname: Juli
- Her trademark is her red colored hair.
- In 2001 she was chosen as one of People Magazine's '50 most beautiful' list.
- She is a good friend with Ellen Barkin
- "I'm looking for the truth. The audience doesn't come to see you, they come to see themselves."
- "You never have sex the way people do in the movies. You don't do it on the floor, you don't do it standing up, you don't always have all your clothes off, you don't happen to have on all the sexy lingerie. You know, if anybody ever ripped my clothes, I'd kill them."
- "It is the most wonderful experience of your life. It deepens absolutely everything. You have a greater understanding of things, so in a way it is a gift. For me it has made everything much better. I'm so happy; I am extremely fortunate."
- I'm Not There (2007) .... Alice Fabian
- Savage Grace (2007) .... Barbara Daly Baekeland
- Next (2007) .... Callie Ferris
- Children of Men (2006) .... Julian
- Freedomland (2006) .... Brenda Martin
- The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005) .... Evelyn Ryan
- Trust the Man (2005) .... Rebecca
- The Forgotten (2004) .... Telly Paretta
- Laws of Attraction (2004) .... Audrey Woods
- Marie and Bruce (2004) .... Marie
- The Hours (2002) .... Laura Brown
- Far from Heaven (2002) .... Cathy Whitaker
- The Shipping News (2001) .... Wavey Prowse
- World Traveler (2001) .... Dulcie
- Evolution (2001) .... Dr. Allison Reed, CDC
- Hannibal (2001) .... Clarice Starling
- The Ladies Man (2000) .... Audrey
- Not I (2000) .... Auditor/Mouth
- Magnolia (1999) .... Linda Partridge
- The End of the Affair (1999) .... Sarah Miles
- A Map of the World (1999) .... Theresa Collins
- An Ideal Husband (1999) .... Mrs. Laura Cheveley
- Cookie's Fortune (1999) .... Cora Duvall
- Psycho (1998) .... Lila Crane
- Chicago Cab (1998) .... Distraught Woman
- The Big Lebowski (1998) .... Maude Lebowski
- Boogie Nights (1997) .... Amber Waves - Maggie
- The Myth of Fingerprints (1997) .... Mia
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) .... Dr. Sarah Harding
- Surviving Picasso (1996) .... Dora Maar
- Assassins (1995) .... Electra
- Nine Months (1995) .... Rebecca Taylor
- Safe (1995) .... Carol White
- Body of Evidence (1993) .... Sharon Dulaney
- The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag (1992) .... Elinor
- The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992) .... Marlene Craven
- Cast a Deadly Spell (1991) (TV) .... Connie Stone
- The Last to Go (1991) (TV) .... Marcy
- Money, Power, Murder. (1989) (TV) .... Peggy Lynn Brady
- As the World Turns: 30th Anniversary (1986) (TV) .... Franny
- "As the World Turns" (1956) TV series .... Frannie Hughes Crawford #6 (1985-1988)
- "The Edge of Night" (1956) TV series .... Carmen Engler (unknown episodes, 1984).
Julianne Moore's Dates :
Sundar Chakravarthy (1983 - 1985)
John Gould Rubin (1986 - 1995)
Bart Freundlich (2003 - now)
Julianne Moore Image : glaad.org
Julianne Moore News
Julianne Moore Lists