Judi Dench (birth name Dame Judith Olivia Dench) was born on December 9, 1934 in York, North Yorkshire, England, UK. She is an Academy Award-, Golden Globe-, Tony-, three-time BAFTA-, and six-time Laurence Olivier Award-winning English actress.
Biography and Career :
She grew up near a theatre company because her father was a resident doctor nearby so a lot of actors and actresses came in their house. From an early age she knew that she wanted to be an famous actresses.
Her first role on a stage was a snail in a children story at her Quaker junior school. After she attended the classes of an art school she quickly realized that she is not very good at painting and decided to follow his brother at London's Central School of Speech and Drama.
When she graduated she already
has won a lot of awards. After this she became one of the London's prestigious Old Vic Theatre Company's actresses and played in a lot of successful roles. Her first role was in 1957 in "Hamlet" and she played Ophelia.
In 1959 started her television career and played for BBC in Hilda Lessways. In 1964 Judy debuted in cinema with a small bur appreciated role in "The Third Secret". On February 5, 1971 married with her friend and lover Michael Williams, who was near her until his death on January 1, 2001 and they had a daughter.
Judy's fame increased in all world in 1995 when she accepted the role of "M" in James Bond series. First James Bond
movie was Golden Eye. On June 5, 2005 made a Companion of Honour in the Queen's Birthday Honours. When she was over 60 years she achieved 6 Oscar nominations and by this she is unique in the history of cinema.
- Height: 161 cm
- Her trade mark is her roles of strong, powerful woman.
- She is an associate member of RADA.
- She was with Vanessa Redgrave in the same class at their drama school.
- Her sister is Jeffery Dench.
- "I don't think anybody can be told how to act. I think you can give advice, but you have to find your own way through it."
- "I think you should take your job seriously, but not yourself -- that is the best combination."
- "I hate how people have been attacking Daniel Craig
. It's despicable and it disgusts me. I have filmed with him in Prague
and the Bahamas
and he is a fine actor. He brings something new and edgy to the role. His critics will be proved wrong."
- "My only regret is that I didn't have more children."
- Notes on a Scandal (2006)
- Casino Royale (2006)
- Mrs Henderson Presents (2005)
- Pride & Prejudice (2005)
- GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (2004) (VG) (voice)
- A Dairy Tale (2004) (V) (voice)
- Ladies in Lavender. (2004)
- The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
- Home on the Range (2004) (voice)
- James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (2003) (VG) (voice)
- Die Another Day (2002)
- The Importance of Being Earnest (2002)
- The Shipping News (2001)
- Iris (2001/I)
- Chocolat (2000)
- The Last of the Blonde Bombshells (2000) (TV)
- The World Is Not Enough (1999)
- Tea with Mussolini (1999)
- Shakespeare in Love (1998)
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
- Mrs Brown (1997)
- Hamlet (1996)
- GoldenEye (1995)
- Jack & Sarah (1995)
- Can You Hear Me Thinking? (1990) (TV)
- Henry V (1989)
- A Handful of Dust (1988)
- 84 Charing Cross Road (1987)
- A Room with a View (1985)
- Wetherby (1985)
- A Performance of Macbeth (1979) (TV)
- The Comedy of Errors (1978/I) (TV)
- Dead Cert (1974)
- "Ooh La La!" (1 episode, 1973)
- Luther (1973)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (1968)
- "Play of the Month" (1 episode, 1966)
- "Talking to a Stranger" (1966) (mini) TV mini-series
- He Who Rides a Tiger (1965)
- A Study in Terror (1965)
- "The Troubleshooters" (1 episode, 1965)
- Four in the Morning (1965)
- "Detective" (1 episode, 1964)
- The Third Secret (1964)
- "Z Cars" (1 episode, 1963)
- The Cherry Orchard (1962) (TV)
- "The Four Just Men" (1 episode, 1960)
- "An Age of Kings" (1960) (mini) TV mini-series
- Hilda Lessways (1959) (TV).
Judi Dench Image : solarnavigator.net
Judi Dench News
Judi Dench Lists