Judd Apatow was born on December 6, 1967 in Syosset, New York
, USA. He is a popular scenarist and producer.
Biography and Career :
He was raised in Long Island, New York and he said many times that her childhood was nerdy but tranquil. He has a brother, Robert and a sister Mia but after his parents' divorce when he was twelve years old they were separated because Mia went to live with her mother and Robert went to live with his grandparents.
He started his career in comedy attending Syosset High School where he was the host of a comedy program called The Club Comedy to the school's 10 watts radio. After he graduated the high school in 1985 he moved in Los Angeles and attended University of Southern Califo
rnia. At the age of 17 came to Hollywood.
In 1990 became friend of Ben Stiller
and in 1992 produced The Ben Stiller Show for Fox Television. In 1993 wrote The Larry Sanders Show and was 6 times Emmy nominations. In 1996 he made The Cable Guy but it was a commercial and critics failure. The only good thing was that during the shots he met his future wife Leslie Mann.
In 2004 directed and co-wrote "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" which succeeded to won over $177 million worldwide. In 2007 won 1st place on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- Two of his best friends are Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler
- He has two doughters Maude Apatow and Iris Apatow.
- He said that is a fan of filmmakers James L. Brooks, Hal Ashby, Robert Altman and John Cassavetes.
- His favorite movie is Young Frankenstein.
- His great idol is Steve Martin.
- "I've always secretly thought people would one day appreciate what is different about me and I'm always putting that message out there: Eventually, the nerds and the geeks will have their day."
- "Success is just as uncomfortable as failure. When all these good things happen, it simply takes the cloak off your 'real' problems."
- "It's so difficult to shock America these days"
- "My way of dealing with the world has always been to make fun of it and observe it but not take part in it. That's how I became a writer. But when you have kids, suddenly you have to be part of things. It leads almost to a breakdown because your whole defense mechanism is now really destructive."
- Step Brothers (2008) (producer)
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) (producer)
- Drillbit Taylor (2008) (producer)
- Pineapple Express (2008) (producer)
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007) (producer)
- Superbad (2007) (producer)
- Knocked Up (2007) (producer)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) (producer)
- The TV Set (2006) (executive producer)
- American Storage (2006) (executive producer)
- The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005) (producer)
- Kicking & Screaming (2005) (executive producer)
- Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004) (V) (producer)
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) (producer)
- Sick in the Head (2003) (TV) (executive producer)
- Life on Parole (2003) (TV) (executive producer)
- "Undeclared" (executive producer) (17 episodes, 2001-2002)
- Zero Effect (2002) (TV) (executive producer)
- North Hollywood (2001) (TV) (executive producer)
- "Freaks and Geeks" (executive producer) (18 episodes, 1999-2000)
- "The Larry Sanders Show" (consulting producer) (16 episodes, 1993-1998) (co-executive producer) (4 episodes, 1998)
- The Cable Guy (1996) (producer)
- Celtic Pride (1996) (executive producer)
- Heavy Weights (1995) (executive producer)
- "The Critic" (consulting producer) (4 episodes, 1994)
- "The Ben Stiller Show" (executive producer) (13 episodes, 1992-1993) - A Few Good - Scouts (1993) TV episode (executive producer)
- Tom Arnold: The Naked Truth 3 (1993) (TV) (co-producer)
- Crossing the Bridge (1992) (associate producer)
- Roseanne Arnold (1992) (TV) (co-producer)
- Tom Arnold: The Naked Truth 2 (1992) (TV) (co-producer)
- Jim Carrey
: The Un-Natural Act (1991) (TV) (co-producer).
Judd Apatow's Dates :
Leslie Mann (1996 - now)
Judd Apatow Image : abcnews.com
Judd Apatow News
Judd Apatow Lists