Josie Maran was born on May 8, 1978 in Menlo Park, San Francisco, USA. She is a famous supermodel and actress.
Biography and Career :
While she was at a barbeque in her town she was asked to appear at a fashion show and there was discovered. She was 12 years old then.
She attended classes of Castilleja School.
In 2000, 2001 and 2002 she appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and in the book 'A second decade of Guess? Images'.
When she was 17 she signed a contract with Elite Model Agency and started to have success.
She made some commercials for Maybelline, Neutrogena and other important cosmetic brands, she appeared in a music video of Backstreet Boys and also in movies like Van Helsing, The Aviator and The Gravedancers.
She was chosen by EA Games to appea
r in the Need for Speed: Most Wanted video game.
Some say she is bisexual and she had relationships with David Blaine and now with Ali Alborzi.
- "I don't believe in marriage. I just don't think it's necessary in this day and age. I just think if you get married and you're already distrusting the person, why do you have to sign something to show your love? You just love."
- Height: 172 cm
- Measurements: 86.5/58.5/86.5
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Shoe Size: 39
- Hobbies: Hiking, reading, running, travelling, spending time with family and friends.
- She has starred in the independant films THE MALLORY EFFECT and SWATTERS, and has recently completed filming VAN HELSING for Universal Pictures opposite Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale.
- She appeared in Martin Scorsese's film AVIATOR in a supporting role opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and is currently set to star in the feature film LITTLE BLACK BOOK for Revolution Studios opposite Brittany Murphy, Holly Hunter and Kathy Bates.
- She appeared in the 'Sports Illustrated knockouts five decades of swimsuit photography' book.
- Her father is of Russian and Polish descent and her mother of Dutch, French, and German ancestry.
- Option Model Agency
- 'One Model Management', New York
- 'D' Management Group', Milan
- 'Storm', London
- 'Model Management', Germany.
- American Eagle, Andrew Marc, Bebe, Bloomingdale's, Carl's Jr., Clairol, Extase 'Pure Passion' fragrance, Fruit of the Loom, Gemey, GUESS?, Honora, Intimissimi, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Sisley, Tommy Hilfiger Denim & Underwear, Victoria's Secret.
Magazine Covers :
- Australia: 'Marie Claire' - July 2001
- France: 'Max' - July 2000; 'Cosmopolitan' - February 2005
- Germany: 'Glamour' - March 2003; 'Petra' - July 2003; 'Glamour' - March 2004; 'Lucky' - Summer 2005
- UK: 'Arena'- June 2004
- US: 'Fitness' - May 1998; 'Examiner' - July 12, 1998; 'Glamour' - June
1998; 'Glamour' - June 1999; 'Shape' - October 1999; 'Self' - November 1999; 'Glamour' - February 2000; 'Glamour' - January 2001; 'Self' - April 2001; 'Lucky' - April 2001; 'Glamour' - November 2001; 'Self' - February 2002; 'Lucky' - March 2002; 'Glamour' - August 2003; 'Lucky' - December 2003; 'Maxim'- May 2004; 'Glamour' - January 2005; 'Lucky' - July 2005.
- The Gravedancers (2006) - Kira Hastings
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) (VG) - Mia
- The Confession (2005) - Wife
- The Aviator (2004) - Cigarette Girl
- Little Black Book (2004) - Lulu Fritz
- Van Helsing (2004) - Marishka
- The Mallory Effect (2002) - Mallory
- Swatters (2002) - Susan.
Josie Maran Lists