Josh Groban (full name Joshua Winslow Groban) was born on February 27, 1981 in Los Angeles
, California, United States. He is an American singer/songwriter known for his mature and lyrical baritone voice.
Biography and Career :
He was born in a multicultural family, his father being an American Jewish and his mother a Norwegian. After his birth, his father converted to Christianity so Josh was raised like an Anglican Episcopal.
Groban debuted as a singer in seventh grade, but soon put it on hold for a few years. "I enjoyed the arts aspects, but my grades were slipping. I didn't feel that I was getting enough creative input. So I went to Bridges Academy to get my grades up to straight A's." While at Brid
ges Academy, Groban took normal classes from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM, and then afterwards attended theatre classes.
In 1997 and 1998, Groban attended the Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan, majoring in musical theater, which is also when he began taking voice lessons outside of school.
"I started taking music lessons on the side. I was very much into musical theatre. I had a pretty good baritone voice, so I began acting and singing in school productions."
On February 24, 2002, Groban performed "The Prayer" with Charlotte Church at the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, and by November, he had his own PBS special, Josh Groban In Concert (2002). In December 2002, he performed "To Where You Are" and then sang "The Prayer" in a duet with Sissel Kyrkjebi¸ at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway. He then joined The Corrs, Ronan Keating, Sting, Lionel Richie, and others for a Christmas performance at the Vatican in Rome, Italy. In 2003, Groban performed at the David Foster created concert for World Children's Day. He performed "The Prayer" with Celine Dion and the finale song, "Aren't They All Our Children" with artists including Yolanda Adams, Nick Carter
, Enrique Iglesias
and Celine Dion
In December 2008, Groban appeared on Never Mind The Buzzcocks. He performed a duet with Only Men Aloud! at the Royal Variety Show at the London Palladium for the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.
On Sunday, 18 January 2009, Groban performed as part of the Presidential Inauguration ceremonies, performing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" in duet with Heather Headley.
- Height: 183cm
- His trade mark is his powerful voice.
- His grandmother is from Toten Norway.
- He is a very good friend with Mandy Moore
- He was involved in a lot of charity events like Save the Music (2005), Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope (2005), Fifth Adopt-A-Annual Minefield concert (2005), 2nd Annual Grammy Jam (2005), Live 8 (2005), The Heart Foundation Gala (2005), and David Foster and Friends Charity Gala (2006).
- "The shower is my time to open up my operatic chops, because of the enormous echo. You sound five times as big in the shower, so I break into some "Nessun Dorma" [from Puccini's Turandot] or Pearl Jam. You've got to go big when you're in the shower. There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva."
-"As a new artist there's always outside influences trying to tell you how to make a song better for radio [and] how to do your hair."
- Josh Groban - 2001
- Josh Groban In Concert CD/DVD - 2002
- Closer, available with DVD - 2003
- Live at the Greek CD/DVD - 2004
- Awake, available with DVD - 2006
- With You (Hallmark promotional disc) - 2007
- Noel, available with DVD - Christmas Album - 2007
- Awake: The Live Concert CD + DVD - Early 2008.
Josh Groban's Dates :
January Jones (2003 - now)
Josh Groban Image : canada.com
Josh Groban News
Josh Groban Lists