Jinx Falkenburg (birth name Eugenia Lincoln Falkenburg) was born on January 21, 1919 in Barcelona, Cataluna, Spain. She was a famous model and actress, whose brother was the champion of the Wimbledon in 1948 and besides that .
Biography and Career :
She spent her childhood in Chile and knows very well Spanish language. Her family decided to move to United States of America. Her brother is Bob Falkenburg, winner of the Wimbledon in 1948. When she became a teenager she was very beautiful so the way to a modeling career was easy. She appeared on the cover of many magazines and became a well known model soon. She also appeared in movies. In 1941, she won the "Miss Rheingold" title and four years later, in June 1945 she had married Tex McCrary and they had two children. She and her
husband hosted some shows together ('Hi Jinx' in 1946, 'At Home'). The actress passed away at the age of 84 in 2003.
- Her mother gave her the nickname 'Jinx'.
- She was America's No.1 model.
- Along her husband she hosted shows like 'Hi Jinx' in 1946 and 'At Home'.
- Closeup (1957) TV Series
- Your Show of Shows (1 episode, 1953)
- Preview (1949) TV Series
- Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties (1947) TV Series (as Jinx McCrary)
- Talk About a Lady (1946)
- Meet Me on Broadway (1946)
- The Gay Senorita (1945)
- Tahiti Nights (1945)
- Nine Girls (1944)
- Two Senoritas from Chicago (1943)
- She Has What It Takes (1943)
- Laugh Your Blues Away (1942)
- Lucky Legs (1942)
- Sweetheart of the Fleet (1942)
- Sing for Your Supper (1941)
- Two Latins from Manhattan (1941)
- The Lone Ranger Rides Again (1939)
- Song of the Buckaroo (1938)
- There Goes My Heart (1938)
- Nothing Sacred (1937)
- Stand-In (1937)
- Carnaval del diablo, El (1936)
- Big Brown Eyes (1936)
- Strike Me Pink (1936)
- Rosa de Francia (1935)
- Cantante de Napoles, El (1935).
Self Filmography :
- Girl Talk (1 episode, 1964)
- To Tell the Truth (1 episode, 1961)
- Masquerade Party (1952) TV Series (unknown episodes, 1958)
- Screen Snapshots: Hollywood Goes to Mexico (1954)
- In Town Today (1951) (TV)
- The Colgate Comedy Hour (1 episode, 1951)
- Paramount Pacemaker: Brains Can Be Beautiful (1947)
- Grantland Rice Sportlight No. R6-3: Queens of the Court (1946)
- Screen Snapshots Series 25, No. 3: Fashions and Rodeo (1945)
- Cover Girl (1944)
- Hedda Hopper's Hollywood No. 2 (1941). Jinx Falkenburg Image : brookston.org