Jennifer Jones (birth name Phylis Lee Isley) was born on March 2, 1919 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. She is an actress who received her recognition after winning the Academy Award and Golden Globe awards.
Biography and Career :
She went to Northwestern University. In the 1930s she became a model and had a contract with John Robert Powers Agency.
She became an actress and in 1943 won the Oscar award for the movie "The Song of Bernadette". Jennifer played in many movies along the years and some of the most important are "Since You Went Away", "Love Letters", "Cluny Brown", "Portrait of Jennie", "Madame Bovary", "We Were Strangers", "Carrie", "Ruby Gentry", "Indescretion of an American Wife", "Beat the Devil", "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing", "Good Morning Miss Dove", "The Man in
the Gray Flannel Suit" and "A Farewell to Arms".
On January 2, 1939 she married Robert Walker and they divorced in March 1944. They have two children. Her second husband is David O. Selznick. They were married between July 13, 1949 and June 22, 1965 when he died. The couple had one child. Her last husband was Norton Simon and they were also married from May 30, 1971 until he died on June 1, 1993.
- Height: 170 cm
- Measurements: 33-24-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She was married three times.
- She won an Oscar.
- In the past she had breast cancer, but recovered.
- One of her friends is Peggy Knudsen.
- For the "Since You Went Away" in 1994 she received $9,866.66
- "My mother told me never explain, never complain. Even as a young actress, I determined I would never give personal interviews, since they made me so uncomfortable."
- The Towering Inferno (1974)
- Angel, Angel, Down We Go (1969)
- The Idol (1966)
- Tender Is the Night (1962)
- A Farewell to Arms (1957)
- The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1957)
- The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956)
- Good Morning, Miss Dove (1955)
- Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955)
- Beat the Devil (1953)
- Stazione Termini (1953)
- Ruby Gentry (1952)
- Carrie (1952)
- The Wild Heart (1952)
- Gone to Earth (1950)
- Madame Bovary (1949)
- We Were Strangers (1949)
- Portrait of Jennie (1948)
- Duel in the Sun (1946)
- Cluny Brown (1946)
- American Creed (1946)
- Love Letters (1945)
- Since You Went Away (1944)
- The Song of Bernadette (1943)
- Dick Tracy's G-Men (1939) (as Phyllis Isley)
- The Streets of New York (1939) (TV)
- New Frontier (1939).
Self Filmography :
- The 75th Annual Academy Awards (2003) (TV)
- Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration (2001) (TV)
- The 70th Annual Academy Awards (1998) (TV) (uncredited)
- Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's (1997) (uncredited)
- The American Film Institute Salute to Gregory Peck (1989) (TV)
- The 59th Annual Academy Awards (1987) (TV)
- The American Film Institute Salute to Lillian Gish (1984) (TV)
- The 30th Annual Academy Awards (1958) (TV)
- The 28th Annual Academy Awards (1956) (TV)
- Some of the Best (1949) (uncredited).
Jennifer Jones Image : powell-pressburger.org
Jennifer Jones Lists