Jennifer Capriati was born on March 29, 1976 in New York, USA. She is a great tennis player who won three titles at the Grand Slams and a gold Olympic medal.
Biography and Career :
Her father was a boxer who turned to tennis coach and obviously was her coach. In 1986 the family moved to Florida so that the child could have a tennis career so she was enrolled in a program with Jimmy Evert.
* After only three years she won the French Open junior singles title and this way, being the youngest tennis player to win it.
* In 1990 she became a professional tennis player. In the same year she was the youngest-ever semifinalist at the French Open and ended her first pro year on the 8th place. The next year was also big for her with semi finals at Wimbledon and the US Open
* In 1992 she won the women's singles gold medal at the Olympic Games in Barcelona, an important moment for her.
* She had some problems and in 1993 decided to take a break. Only in 2001 she managed to recover completely and win the Australian Open. It was her first Grand Slam title. She also won the French Open that year and at the end of the Year she was World NO. 1.
* Next year she managed to win again the Australian Open and it was the second tine she beat Martina Hingis.
In 2005 she had an arthroscopic surgery, but she hopes she will come back on the tennis field.
- Height: 170 cm
- Weight: 72.5 kg
- She plays: right-handed.
- She turned pro in 1990.
- She has Italian and American origins.
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 430-176
- Singles Titles: 14
- Doubles Record: 66-50
- Doubles Titles: 1
- Prize Money: $10,206,639
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 1 (15-Oct-2001).
Jennifer Capriati Image : poster.net
Jennifer Capriati Articles
Jennifer Capriati Lists