Jay Hernandez (full name Javier Manuel Hernandez Jr.) was born on February 20, 1978 in Montebello, California, USA. He is a talented actor.
Biography and Career :
Isis and Javier Hernandez, Sr. are his parents. They are a secretary and a mechanic. Besides him they have another two sons and one daughter: Michael, Gabriel and Amelia. He studied at the Don Bosco Technical Institute in Rosemead, California, Schurr High School in Montebello, California.
Talent manager Howard Tyner was the one who discovered Jay and proposed him to enroll at an acting school. One of the roles that made him popular was along Kirsten Dunst in "Crazy/Beautiful". In 2006 he got the leading role in "Hostel", a horror movie.
That year he was also seen in "World Trade Center" and the television serie
s "Six Degrees". He is a great guy, a talented and hard working actor and he has many fans all over the world.
In 2006 he married Daniella Deutscher. She was his co-star on "Hang Time". He has a successful career and there's no doubt it will continue being this way many years. We wish him all the best and hope to see him in many great movies!
- Height: 174 cm
- He has Mexican and American origins.
- "It was cool to be around that many Latinos, because when I'm on set it's usually white or whatever. It's no big deal, but to be around Mexicans and Latins, it's a little bit closer to family, more camaraderie. It's a different feeling, and it was cool to see that, and to realize that there actually is a part of Hollywood that is Latin"
- "When I first started, there was nothing. There were no Latin roles, and that's the only thing that they'll see you as unless you can convince them otherwise."
- Lakeview Terrace (2008)
- American Son (2008)
- Hostel: Part II (2007)
- Live! (2007)
- Six Degrees (11 episodes, 2006-2007)
- Grindhouse (2007)
- World Trade Center (2006)
- Karas: The Prophecy (2006) (V) (voice)
- Carlito's Way: Rise to Power (2005) (V)
- Hostel (2005)
- Nomad (2005/II)
- Friday Night Lights (2004)
- Ladder 49 (2004)
- Torque (2004)
- American Family (2 episodes, 2002)
- The Rookie (2002)
- Joy Ride (2001/I)
- Crazy/Beautiful (2001)
- Undressed (1999) TV Series (2000: Season 2) (unknown episodes)
- One World (1 episode, 2000)
- Living the Life (2000)
- USA High (1 episode, 1999)
- Hang Time (1995) TV Series (unknown episodes, 1998-2000).
Jay Hernandez Image : timeinc.net
Jay Hernandez Lists