Janet Jackson (full name Janet Damita Jo Jackson) was born on May 16, 1966 in Gary, Indiana, USA. She is a great singer and sister of Michael Jackson.
Biography and Career :
She studied at the Lanai Road School, Portola Middle School in Tarzana, California and Valley Professional School. Her parents' names are Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson. She comes from a family that loved music and her brothers and sisters are musicians too.
In 1982 she released her debut album, and besides that released another nine more. They all were very successful and today she is one of the most famous singers in the world. She went on tours everywhere and received many awards and nominations during her career.
Many of her singles were placed on the first position in charts and in the Billbo
ard chart. Until now (2007) she was seen in several movies, television shows and released seven DVDs.
Between September 1984 and November 1985 she was married to James DeBarge. Their marriage was annulled. On March 31, 1991 she married Rene Elizondo and in March 2000 the couple divorced.
She admires and likes to wear creations of John Galliano, Dolce and Gabbana and Jean-Paul Gaultier. She was seen in commercials for PepsiCo, American Airlines and Revlon.
- Height: 163 cm
- Besides Michael she has another seven brothers and sisters: Rebbie Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, La Toya Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Randy Jackson.
- She was among VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll.
- Ella Fitzgerald and Marvin Gaye are her favorite musicians.
- She was place don the 10th position in VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- "I kinda see everyone as competition. I'm a very competitive person. But I think that's good. Competition is great. And as long as it's friendly and not a malicious thing, then I think it's cool."
- "In complete darkness, we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."
- 1982 Janet Jackson
- 1984 Dream Street
- 1986 Control
- 1989 Rhythm Nation 1814
- 1993 janet.
- 1997 The Velvet Rope
- 2001 All for You
- 2004 Damita Jo
- 2006 20 Y.O.
- 2008 Janet Jackson's 10th studio album.
- Why Did I Get Married? (2007)
- Saturday Night Live (2 episodes, 1994-2004)
- The 2000 World Music Awards (2000) (TV)
- Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000)
- Poetic Justice (1993)
- The Love Boat (2 episodes, 1985)
- Fame (1982) TV Series (unknown episodes, 1984-1985)
- Diff'rent Strokes (10 episodes, 1980-1984)
- A New Kind of Family (2 episodes, 1979)
- Good Times (22 episodes, 1977-1979).
Janet Jackson Image : allposters.com
Janet Jackson Articles
Janet Jackson News
Janet Jackson Lists