Jamie Oliver was born on May 27, 1975 in Clavering, Essex, England, UK. He is one of the most famous chefs in the world.
Biography and Career :
He studied at the Westminster Catering College. He spent his childhood in Cambridge and there his parents have the restaurant and pub The Cricketers. In 1989 he and a friend founded a band, Scarlet Division, where he was the drummer.
After discovering his passion and studies he became head pastry chef for Antonio Carluccio at The Neal Street Restaurant. Until now (2007) he was seen in seven television series, including "The Naked Chef". He has written eight books and has many fans worldwide.
Since 2007 he hosts "Jamie at Home". He likes to cook fresh and simple food and show people that fresh food is great. In 2005 he was awarded
with the Beacon Fellowship Prize and this is prove of his talent and hard work he had done until now.
On June 24, 2000 he and Jamie-Lynn Sigler got married. The couple has two children. He is food editor of GQ magazine. We are sure his career will continue being as successful as it is today or even more because he is loved by millions of people and he does a great job.
- Height: 178 cm
- His nicknames are J or Jim.
- In 2003 he received an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
- Some magazines proposed him to pose nude but he rejected the offers.
- He is also known as The Naked Chef.
- "There's a generation of parents out there who didn't learn to cook at school and now we're rapidly losing the skills that have been passed down through the generations and acted as a kind of safeguard to make sure we can feed ourselves properly."
- "It was about kind of going against the grain of all the original, old cooking shows. Stripping down the food, stripping down the pretension, no 'cheffy' talk."
Jamie Oliver Image : theage.com.au
Jamie Oliver Articles
Jamie Oliver Lists