Jack Black (full name Thomas Jack Black) was born on August 28, 1969 in Hermosa Beach, California, USA. He is a famous comedian, actor and musician.
Biography and Career :
Thoman Jacob “Jack” Black was born on August 28, 1969, in Santa Monica, California, U.S. He is an American comedian, actor and singer.
Black is the son of Judith and Thomas William Black, both of his parents worked on Hubble Space Telescope. His parents divorced when he was 10, he moved to Culver City with his father and frequently visited his mother’s home.
Black attended UCLA but dropped out during his sophomore year to pursue a career in the entertainment business.
As for his early career, he played roles on several shows such as: The Golden Palace, Life Goes On, Northern Exposure, HBO's Mr
. Show, and Picket Fences. In a season 3 episode ofThe X-Files, titled "D.P.O.", he played Bart 'Zero' Liquori, friend to Darren, a teen who could cause lightning strikes.
In the year of 2000, Black appeared in High Fidelity as a wild employee in John Cusack's record store, a role which Black considers his breakout. Since then he had leading roles in films such as Shallow Hal, Orange County, Saving Silverman, School of Rock, Envy, King Kong, Nacho Libre, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, Be Kind Rewind and so on.
Black hosted Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards on April 1, 2006 and hosted it again on March 29, 2008. He was featured the MTV video music awards on August 31, 2006.
As for his music career, Black is the lead singer for the rock comedy band Tenacious D. Along with Kyle Gass, they have released two albums, a self-titled first album, and the follow up, The Pick of Destiny.
Why is Jack Black Famous?
Jack Black is famous as being a part of the satirical rock duo Tenacious D.
Why do we love Jack Black?
We love Jack because of his unique comedic style which combines many key elements from both sides of the traditional double act.
- Height: 170 cm
- His nicknames are JB and Jables.
- Shania Twain, LeAnn Rimes and Daniel Stern have the same birthday as he does.
- Tim Robbins and David Grohl are two of his closest friends.
- "Never for a second did I think of myself as the sexiest guy in the world. When I was a kid, I thought I was the strongest man in the world. Then, the fastest runner and then the smartest person in the world. One by one my delusions got shut down. Now I just see myself as the lamest guy in the world."
- "I'd just like to be in films that I would like to see. I think of myself as an entertainment arsenal. Like I have my acting bazooka and my music machete. And you don't know what I'm going to come at you with."
- "I was a little worried about working with kids. I wanted to make sure we didn't approach it tip-toeing around the stuff that would normally be funny, or make it gentle, rock-a-bye-baby bullshit."
Jack Black Image : gazette.uwo.ca
Jack Black Lists