Isla Fisher (full name Isla Lang Fisher) was born on February 3, 1976 in Muscat, Oman. She is an Australian actress and author.
Biography and Career :
Isla Lang Fisher was born on February 3, 1976, in Muscat, Oman. She is a Scottish-Australian actress and author.
Fisher is the daughter of Scottish parents Barhgate and Stranraer, she has four brothers. She spent her early years in Bathgate before moving with her family to Perth, Western Australia, when she was six years old.
As for her career, Fisher began appearing in commercials on Australian television at the age of nine, before going on to win roles in popular children's television shows Bay City and Paradise Beach. At the age of 18, she published two teen novels, Bewitched and Seduced by Fame.
Later on she playe
d the role of Shannon Reed on the Australian soap opera Home and Away, eventually she won a Logie Award nomination for Most Popular Actress for her role. After leaving the soap she enrolled at L'École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq, a theatre and arts training school in Paris.
Fisher was cast as Kim in the German 2001 horror film Swimming Pool. A year later she also had a part in the film version of Scooby-Doo as Mary Jane. The following year, she played the role of Kristy in the Australian comedy The Wannabes.
In 2006, Fisher starred as Becca, a Manhattan party host, in the relationship drama London co-starring Jessica Biel, Jason Statham and Chris Evans. In the following year, she appeared in The Lookout, a thriller film co-starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Matthew Goode.
In 2008, she starred in the critically acclaimed romantic comedy movie Definitely, Maybe, with Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Abigail Breslin and Rachel Weisz..
As for her personal life, she is married to comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, she converted to Judaism in order to marry Sacha. Together they have two children.
Why is Isla Fisher Famous?
She is famous for playing Shannon Reed on the soap opera Home and Away, and for other roles in movies like; Wedding Crashers, Hot Ro and, Definitely Maybe.
Why do we love Isla Fisher?
WE love her because of her comedic roles.
- Height: 160 cm.
- Her parents are Scottish.
- She was present in 1997 in the "100 Sexiest Women in the World" list.
- Darren Day was her fiance.
- Before being famous she worked as a lottery ad extra.
- "I love the power women have. I think women rule the world because they rule men. Manipulating men -- that's our job. That's what we're on the planet for."
- "I've never had a good-looking boyfriend, well, in the stereotypical way. A lot of people find someone attractive that others don't. Otherwise, all our men would be taken by Claudia Schiffer!"
- Groupies (2007)
- Horton Hears a Who (2008)
- Hot Rod (2007)
- Definitely, Maybe (2007)
- The Lookout (2007)
- The Pleasure of Your Company (2006)
- London (2005)
- Wedding Crashers (2005)
- I Heart Huckabees (2004)
- Pilot Season (2004) (mini) TV Series
- Dallas 362 (2003)
- The Wannabes (2003)
- Random Acts of Intimacy (2002) (TV)
- Scooby-Doo (2002)
- BeastMaster (1 episode, 2002)
- Swimming Pool - Der Tod feiert mit (2001)
- Attila (2001/I) (TV)
- Hearts and Bones (2000) TV Series (unknown episodes)
- Out of Depth (2000)
- Sunburn (1 episode, 2000)
- Oliver Twist (1999) (mini) TV Series
- Furnished Room (1998)
- Bum Magnet (1997)
- Home and Away (1988) TV Series (1994-1997, 2005) (unknown episodes)
- Paradise Beach (1993) TV Series (unknown episodes)
- Bay Cove (1993) TV Series.
Self Filmography :
- The British Comedy Awards 2006 Live (2006) (TV)
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien (2 episodes, 2005)
- Getaway (1 episode, 2005
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1 episode, 2005)
- Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (1 episode, 2005
- This Morning (1 episode, 2005)
- Bob Martin (1 episode, 2001)
- Loose Women (1 episode, 1999)
- An Audience with the Bee Gees (1998) (TV)
- Blankety Blank (1 episode, 1998).
Isla Fisher Image : canmag.com
Isla Fisher News
Isla Fisher Lists