Isabella Rossellini (full name Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini) was born on June 18, 1952 in Rome, Italy. She is a great actress.
Biography and Career :
Roberto Rossellini and Ingrid Bergman are her parents, a famous director and a famous actress. Besides being a famous actress she has become a model, an author, film maker and philanthropist.
She spent her childhood in Rome, Santa Marinella and Paris. In 1971 she went to New York to be a translator and a RAI television reporter. After nine years she started her modeling career. She posed for magazines like Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, Vanity Fair and ELLE.
Some of the movies she was seen in are "A Matter of Time", "Il Prato", "Blue Velvet", "Cousins", "Death Becomes Her", "Immortal Beloved", "Legend of Ea
rthsea" and "Fearless".
She is a great person who likes helping others and attends many charity actions. Among the awards won by her is an Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead and nominations at Golden Globe and Emmy.
On September 29, 1979 she married Martin Scorsese. In 1982 they got divorced. Between 1983 and 1986 she was married to Jon Wiedemann and they have a child. In 1994 she had a relationship with Gary Oldman. Between 1986 and 1990 she was engaged to David Lynch. "Some of me" is her autobiography.
- Height: 173 cm
- Pia Lindstri¶m is her half sister.
- In 1990 and 1991 was among People's magazine 50 Most Beautiful People in the world and in 1995 among Empire's magazine 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- She speaks fluently, English, Italian and French.
- She has Swedish origins.
- She has a twin sister Isotta.
- "[I'm] very happy that way. Many women depend on men socially, financially, psychologically. Not me."
- "David Lynch came out of it a genius, and I came out of it a fat girl. I'm sorry that the only comment I get about the part is the way I look."
Isabella Rossellini Image : nndb.com
Isabella Rossellini Lists