Iosif Constantin Dragan was born on June 20, 1917 in Lugoj, Romania. He is historian, writer and a powerful Romanian and Italian businessman.
Biography and Career :
After graduating the Law School at the University in Bucharest, he obtained in 1938 an Italian scholarship. He continued his postgraduate studies in Rome, becoming one of the favorite students of the famous professor - Giorgio Del Vecchio.
In 1941 he steps in the business world, creating a powerful oil brand named "ButanGas" that will become one of the biggest enterprises in this field in Romania.
In the same time, Prof. univ. dr. Iosif Constantin Dragan carries on a very important cultural activity. He is one of the first European Union's promoters, publishing from 1950 till now "The European Bulletin" in wh
ich he militates for creating the European Federation.
He also publishes in Romanian and in English "The history of Romanian literature" by George Calinescu in some very special graphic conditions (almost identical with the original).
This thing will gain him the admiration of the Romanian intellectuals. He promotes admirable the Romanian culture outside his country. He is the financer of many projects of this kind, such as building Decebal's statue in Cazane (Dierna), near Orsova.
Thanks to him, many names of Romanian science men no longer remain anonymous, names like Nicolae Georgescu Roegen and Constantin Obobleja (the father of Romanian Cybernetic).
He created the "Center of Historic Sciences" in Venice. For 4 decades he's been ruling the activity of the European Foundation that wears his name and that has headquarters in Romania, Italy, Spain, France and Greece.
After1990 he founds in Romania the FED Print typography, the "Europa Nova" publishing house and radio-television, "Natiunea", "Redesteptarea", "Renasterea Banateana" news-papers. Nevertheless, he founded the imposing European University in Lugoj.
He managed to bring in Romania the relics of the great patriot and taught man- Inocentiu Micu - Klein. Every year he donates a very important amount of money for charity, monuments and cultural contribution.
Important Works :
- "In serviciul Europei", in 1971
- "Romania: paese dei due mondi" in 1973
- "Noi tracii si istoria noastra multimilenara" in 1976, Scrisul Romanesc/Craiova and in 1980, Dacia
- "Aurel C. Popovici" in 1977
- "Idealuri si destine: eseu asupra evolutiei constiintei europene" in 1977, Cartea Romaneasca
- "Mileniul imperial al Daciei" in 1986, Editura stiintifica si Enciclopedica
- "Antonescu. Maresalul Romaniei si razboaiele de reintregire" in 1986
- "Il mondo dei Traci" in 1993
- "Istoria Romanilor" in 1994, Europa Nova/Bucharest
- "Adevarata istorie a romanilor" in 1996
- "Imperiul romano-trac" in 2000, Europa Nova/Bucharest
- At 78, he married a 22 years old Daniela Veronica Guse.
- They have a daughter and an older son, Mike Fink, born in 1971.
- "In the moment when professor Dragan disapears, everything he did for Lugoj, including the foundation and the university, for what he cared very much, will find other destinations, prozaic." - Virgil Turcan
- "Professor Dragan was known as a big xenophobe." - Virgil Turcan
Iosif Constantin Dragan Image : hotnews.ro
Iosif Constantin Dragan Lists